|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft News & Feeds team is looking for a passionate Data Scientist in the core recommendation team - the project that has the potential to define the future of content services for Microsoft. Imagine billion of users around the world can discover content they care about and start new conversations with their friends, family and colleagues. Today, Windows has close to 1 billion monthly active users, and Outlook, Teams, Edge, and Bing also have hundreds of millions users plus the partnership with third party, the presents a huge opportunity to engage users with content worldwide.
Do you want to challenge yourself and pursue the latest ideas while changing the way millions of people do local search every day? Do you want to build scalable services using state of art deep learning that can truly help users using Windows/Bing in mobile and desktop.
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety of features
- Drive architectural changes into the product to expand our footprint and increase developer agility
- Invest in others’ growth, mentor team members and help build a highly capable team
- Regularly communicate team progress internally and evangelize progress and opportunities to a wider audience including management and leadership
- A BS degree in computer science or related technical discipline with 5 years of working through full product cycles from initial design to final product delivery or MS degree with 3 years of working through full product cycles from initial design to final product delivery.
- 4+ years experience with C#/C++/Java/Python or any other OOP skills with a good knowledge of Data Structures/Algorithms.
- Experience developing and designing backgrounds in multi-tiered distributed services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.