|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Web Data team at Microsoft is looking for a machine learning manager and/or engineering manager who enjoy working on complex problems or building largest scale data platform that push the boundaries of AI.
We have petabytes scale ever-expanding corpus of all the data on the web to play with. The opportunity is to build customer facing solutions on this massive treasure of data to deliver delightful experiences. One of the main theme of our journey is to move search from ten blue links to directly answering questions which requires state of the art understanding of NLP and Deep Learning.
Our work on intelligent question answering, recommendation and web search gets shipped in Bing, MSN, Edge, Windows and other products.
We solve problems such as:
Build PB-level data processing and storage platforms that processed billions of documents and entities per day.
Open up and modernize platform to support latest deep-learning technologies.
How to encode a document/phrase/question into an embedding that can capture its essence and enable us to recommend an article to its most interested user.
How to best answer a question from trillions of candidates.
Establish deep concepts like expertise, popularity and utility for content
Whether content from the web is temporary relevant or timeless, deep or shallow, etc.
We values leaders that can:
Manage and drive team with passion
Establish accountability and pride in ownership.
Challenge the status quo, define and reach ambitious goals across organization boundaries.
Collaborate with multiple teams.
Identify opportunities that maximize impact on product.
- Providing long term vision and growth plan for the team
- Helping the team model an ambiguous problem in machine learning or platform spaces
- Effective in unblocking team in tactical issues as well as placing good strategic bets
- Mentoring junior engineers and data scientists
- Role model for good engineering, clean design and principled thinking
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years software development experience in C++, C#, Java, or equivalent.
- 8+ years machine learning and/or NLP experience with expertise in deep learning frameworks.
- Experience with Machine Learning, or Natural Language processing, or
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, and map-reduce, with solid understanding of low level hardware and OS fundamentals, and networking.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.