|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Our team is responsible for building out Telemetry platform & Monitoring to support mission critical SAP services and with core mission of “SAP Livesite Service Stability”.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer, experience running and designing enterprise scale Cloud services and Telemetry. The ideal candidate should have experience working on cloud services, experience in designing & developing Telemetry & Monitoring solutions. This person need to have a very solid understanding ERP(like SAP, Oracle ,Dynamics etc..) & Cloud technologies.
- Engage directly with key partners and other engineering teams to understand service metrics, telemetry and tools requirements and ensure we’re delivering the right engineering solutions to enable high QoS for services in our portfolio.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven Engineering Lead.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues
- Drive thought leadership and enable the implementation world class SAP business platforms on Azure
- Work closely with the SAP team to ensure key QoS and platform features are built into the SAP platform to help simplify and manage the landscape
- Collaborate continuously with Program Managers, Software Engineering and our business users to define KPIs and measure reliability, availability and performance of our services including internal services and external integrations.
- Develop high quality monitoring and service health reporting solutions that address our live site needs and reflect the actual user or customer experience.
- 8+ years of development and design, Develop high availability systems.
- 3+ years of experience building services on Cloud technologies.
- 2+ years of architecture and design experience of enterprise scale Telemetry
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required.
- Successful candidate must be a US Citizen
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Preferred, not required:
- Solid C#/ Java/C++/Python coding skills, Object Oriented Programming, and design patterns.
- Experience building, and operating cloud services at enterprise scale
- Experience in CI/CD, Telemetry, Monitoring/Alerting for Applications/Services
- Open mind, commitment to teamwork, a fast learner’s mind and pride of ownership
- Great communication skills to drive collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Demonstrate customer obsession from feature design to LiveSite management.
- DevOps approach to engineering out defects and overhead from the system.
- Experience finding services appropriate for hosting on PaaS and IaaS offerings, as well as migration to internal or external SaaS providers
- Experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as code, as well as service auto-scale capabilities
- Experiences with SAP is desired and preferred
- Inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related disciplines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.