|Job Type:||Full Time|
What Joining the TeamMeans?
The Partner Development Manager – Private Capital Recruit (PDMR-PE/VC) is an important contributor toMicrosoft'spartner engagementstrategy as part of theOne Commercial Partner (OCP) organization. Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. OCP leads this effort in recruiting private equity firms (PE) and Venture Capital (VC) firms for collaboration and early access to their portfolio companies. Microsoft views relationships with these firms as an integral part of the ISV partner recruit strategy - building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to joint customers.
TheUSPDMR-PE/VC will be tasked with managing a portfolio of select PE and VC firms, and will work with them toqualify ISVs from their portfolio to leverage the Microsoft engines, identifying prospective startups and unicorns within their portfolios. They will guide these ISV partners through the recruit process, todevelop their solutionon the Microsoft platform.The PDMR-PE/VC orchestrates the resources and provides guidance for the duration of the recruit process, working with the new partner to create value that will solve customer business challenges for the prospective customers of the joint offerings. The focus on late stage, high growth companies and those seeking solutions on Microsoft’s offerings within theseportfolioswill result in cloud penetration and cloud revenue growth.
Key responsibilities include:
Recruitment Strategy and Planning -Contribute toVC and PE firm recruitment strategic planning, as well as that of the ISVs in their portfolio.Seek and articulate market insights about ourtopcompetitorsand their offers. Share best practicesand learnings.
Recruit and managePE and VCfirmpartnerships -Contact targetfirmsto evangelize value proposition, and quantify market opportunity.Coordinate engagement ofMicrosoftteam required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
Build ISV PortfolioFunnel-Execute appropriate transfer of partner torecruit engines andlong-termpartnershiplanding.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 8+ years of experiencebusiness developmentoralliance management in the technology industry
- Experience in managing an ecosysteminclusive ofventure capital and/orprivate equity firms
In-depth understanding of the venture capital andprivate equityecosystem
- Familiarity with venture capital and/or private equity firm
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leadersthrough business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms anddevelopingnewsolutions
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Inclusive andcollaborative –driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strongcommunication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challengermentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelordegree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.