|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a security champ? Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms, Power BI is a business analytics service that delivers insights to enable fast, informed decisions. It also is one of Microsoft’s most exciting services - frequently in the news, growing its user base very rapidly, and making waves across the industry. Come join the team that builds it and be an integral part of protecting our customers from threats by cultivating a security first culture that builds on our passion for customer success. Drive improved security outcomes across the organization through focused efforts on evangelizing secure software development, consulting on security feature development, and reviewing product code/designs. You will tackle broad architectural security challenges while also diving into technical details of individual features/scenarios. You'll work alongside our engineering, management, and release teams to ensure that security is integrated into our product design and is a part of every Power BI engineer’s DNA.
- Instill a security first mindset across all of Power BI
- Own and drive security initiatives across the Power BI stack
- Own and drive accountability of security metrics and KPI's for all of Power BI
- Evangelize and document security processes across the organization
- Security Assessments - Parlaying research and knowledge into threat models and security assessments of Azure hardware, services, platforms and infrastructure. You have a goal to prioritize areas of security risk while identifying and addressing risks that affect Azure’s ability to protect, detect, investigate, and recovery from security vulnerabilities and targeted attacks.
- Security Code Reviews - Prioritize Azure’s highest risk features and review source code for security defects. File bugs on security defects that help remove potentially exploitable bugs from code and improve the security of Azure services.
- Bachelors of Science, Bachelors, BA, BA CS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in security and/or software engineering
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing architecture (Azure, AWS)
- Deep knowledge of security issues, general security and a strong engineering and development skillset.
- Detailed knowledge of hardware virtualization and related code-isolation technologies, including Hyper-V and other hypervisors, containers, para-virtualization, and application virtualization.
- Detailed understanding of encryption, containers, operating systems including Linux and Windows
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.