|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced full stack software engineer intrigued by machine learning? Does the opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art quality measurement tools for a major search engine sound exciting to you? If so, this Senior Software Engineer position may be a perfect fit for you!
We are the Multimedia Tools Team in Microsoft Bing and we are fully responsible for building the products and tools that are heavily relied upon to extend, configure, test, measure and deploy the main components of both image and video search in Bing. Based on the success of these tools, we have the ability to make our final product available to millions of users around the world. Our in-house tools are the go-to place to monitor, investigate, and fix live-site issues and are an inseparable part of continuous improvement of our ranking stack.
To help us achieve our goals and the broader goals for Microsoft Bing, we are looking for a senior developer who can not only contribute to our existing platform, but who will also become a domain expert and help lead the engineering team to strengthen the tools used for machine learning and data analysis experience.
As a team, we’re passionate about what we do and hope to find a new member who joins us in this excitement. There are lots of opportunities for growth and impact (some immediate!). Check out the responsibilities below…
As a senior member of our team, your daily routine will involve:
- Implementing new big data pipelines
- Engineering support for large, diverse ML experiments
- Providing ML tools for our data scientists
- Maintaining and implementing features for one of the core measurement pipelines in Bing.
- Helping to lead the tools team in daily tasks and commitments.
Next milestones you will participate in:
- Migration of the pipeline to Azure
- Designing scalable measurement systems
- Creating processes for big data extraction
- Maintaining existing systems
Required Qualifications for this senior role:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field
- 4+ years of experience writing production code
- 6+ years of experience coding in C#, Java or a combination of both
- Experience with Azure, AWS or other cloud platforms
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking capabilities
- Clear communication skills and demonstrated customer empathy
- Passionate and self-motivated, with drive and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred (not required) Qualifications:
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with architectural design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.