|Job Type:||Full Time|
Over 75 million users are using Microsoft Teams on a daily basis. Do you want to join the engineering team to define the future AI-powered real-time media experience in meetings?
Our team is responsible for researching, prototyping, and delivering new real-time media functionalities using state-of-art machine learning / AI technologies. We work in close collaboration with Microsoft Research and other teams on applied research problems in the areas of real-time computer vision and video processing. Check out these innovative meeting features from our team during the last couple of years:
As our team continues in our pursuit, we are looking for new team players who want to join us in the mission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
We are looking for senior software engineers with passion and expertise in computer vision and video processing, who are eager to learn new knowledge, excited to take on new challenges and with track record of solving problems and delivering great holistic experiences. As a member of the team, you will be
- engaged at the forefront of Teams’ innovation in real-time communication
- working on implementation of computer vision and video processing algorithms
- prototyping innovative new scenarios
- working closely with rest of the team to drive end-to-end delivery of cutting edge innovation all the way to billions of calling and meeting minutes around the globe.
- 5+ years of professional experience in designing and implementing computer vision and/or video processing algorithms.
- Have solid problem solving and debugging skills.
- Have excellent skills in technical communication and teamwork.
- Demonstrate strong software design and coding skills in C++.
- Have proven experience at least one of the domains below is a plus
- Machine learning applied to audio or video
- Media pipeline technologies such as MediaFoundation, AVFoundation (Objective-C), and Android Media framework (JAVA)
- Computer graphics technologies such as OpenGL and DirectX
- Video coding and processing
Masters degree in software engineering or related fields. Exceptional candidates with a proven track record and adequate work experience are encouraged to apply irrespective of educational background.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.