|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows and Devices Design Studio is looking for a Junior Designer to join theWindows Signature Experiencesteam. Candidates will createbreakthroughexperiences, helping evolve communication, personalization, and productivity scenarios withinMicrosoftWindows.You will besolving some of thetoughestoperating systemproblems in delightful ways,drivingcustomer lovefor 1 billionWindowscustomers.
Collaborating with aworld-class cross-functional team, you willworkwith product owners to simplify complex problems within business, technology, and experience constraints into compelling customer driven design solutions.This is an exceptional opportunity for someonewho is excitedingrowingand applyingtheirexpertise in product design.
As Junior Designer you will be responsible for:
- Creating beautiful, impactful, and innovative product designs.
- Working with a diverse and talented team of designers, product managers, and engineers to build quality, reliable, inclusive, and accessible experiences that run on 1 billion devices.
- Participating in design brainstorms and work sessions.
- Participating in culture change; (e.g. advocate for the customer, help create a diverse and inclusive work environment).
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts,Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
- 2+ years of experience in design discipline for consumer product experiences
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process and human centered design
- Proficiency with Figma,AdobeXD, Illustrator, Photoshop (or equivalent design tools)
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written skills and the ability to present your work to peers across disciplines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to think creatively and critically about design problems
- Shown ability to synthesize design solutions from ambiguous concepts
- Knowledge of groundbreaking applications and the latest UX metaphors and desire to keep learning
- Strongportfolio showcasing work experience on web and/or application design showing how you applied your skills to solve customer needs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.