|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure UX team is looking for a researcher to join us to lead research for the Commerce + Ecosystems group at Microsoft. You will be a meaningful part of a growing, multi-disciplinary team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desire to learn and grow.
Our team is part of a larger design studio at Microsoft called the Cloud + AI Design Studio which is reshaping the digital experiences for modern cloud-based applications and services. Our team’s mission is to improve, iterate and innovate on Azure’s user experiences in order to further empower our developer and enterprise customers to achieve more.
You’ll share the responsibility for ensuring a successful user experience for our customers and will be expected to:
- Deeply collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to define research strategy
- Contribute your research perspectives throughout the entire product design cycle to build user empathy and guide product direction
- Identify and prioritize research opportunities to influence product design
- Design and execute studies using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods (including interviewing, usability testing, conducting surveys, and more), and conduct thorough data analysis that provides actionable insights
- Be comfortable communicating research insights and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways (through reports, journey maps, and more) that resonate across all levels of the UX and product teams
Collaborate with other user researchers to leverage each other’s work across the studio
- 3+ years of industry experience throughout all product stages from conception to release
- A passion for translating data into insights and insights into actionable recommendations, and the ability to share research findings in clear and compelling ways
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
- Experience collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) and across teams; ability to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team
- Bonus: An advanced degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.