|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you thrive in understanding complex scenarios in order to build creative and relevantdesignand interaction patterns and you are interested in defining the next generation ofthoughtfuladministrator toolsfor businesses, this job could be your next challenge!
MicrosoftSharePoint and OneDriveislooking foranexceptional Senior User Experience (UX) Designer with a proven track record fordeep understanding of the technical concepts at playand theability to make complex simple. You will have the opportunity to provide senior-levelproject leadership and exemplary work ina number ofareas includingAdministration, Migration, and Security andPolicies.You will lead and partner withdistributed teamsacross the company,to establish the next level ofadministrative experiencesforMicrosoft.
You’ll have the opportunity to make product decisions, construct UX solutions, and participate in defining the vision of the end-to-end user experience. The ideal candidate will be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into bothintuitiveand pragmatic design solutions, as well as understand and be enthusiastic about modern web development. You will be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. You will be able to distill evolving design work into patterns and capture those in articulate and insightful guidance for others to use as a creative springboard.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations, be mature and have great communication and collaboration skills.
- Active thought leadership in user experience challenges and trends
- Designgraphic user interface elements, like wizards, navigation elements, data visualizations, and widgets
- Collaborateclosely withdistributed teamstooversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Partner with Product Managers,Engineers andResearchers to define the next generation of thoughtful migration and administrator tools forbusiness
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Apply user-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply user researchdata
- Represent the team and personal point of view in cross-organization efforts, to accomplish shared goals
- 8+ years’ experience of Product design with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with online services
- Active thought leadership in user experience issues and trends
- Ability to make complex simple
- Deep understanding of the technical concepts at play
- Ability to tell compelling project stories to help inspire and validate strategic direction of UX excellence in data collection and analytics
- Strong command of all aspects and levels of interaction/UX designfrom information architectureto systems and workflows to micro-interactions
- Strong problem solving,creative, communication, and negotiationskills
- Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes,flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications, and prototypedemos
- Demonstrate fluency with concept ideation, design strategy, digital prototyping and an ability to work in a multidisciplinary product team
- Experience in information architecture, interaction design, user research, or usability testing
- Strong skills for creating a variety of interaction documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, annotated wireframes, creative briefs, competitor analysis, and heuristic analysis
- Highly proficient with design applications, likeFigma
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.