|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a creative, strategic leader who seeks opportunities to bring new approaches to challenges?
The Corporate Strategic Business Development team at Microsoft is hiring a Director of Strategic Partnerships. A newly formed role, this individual will lead a talented team chartered with defining and executing our partner strategy for a key industry.
You will help identify emerging trends, disruptive opportunities, and market making partnerships to create value across our Commercial Cloud including Azure, Dynamics and the Power Platform family. Working with market- leading and emerging partners in the category you will have the opportunity to shape our long-term vision and create industry-defining scenarios for our customers.
As a group, our team partners closely with teams across the company to evaluate how we can accelerate our businesses. We partner with leaders to identify opportunities that can shape new business models, disrupt existing industries, and accelerate bringing our products to market. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, is action-biased, and operates with a high expectation around effective collaboration. We actively look to create an inclusive environment where everyone is empowered to succeed.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development expertise with analytical and business modeling skills
- Influence: Ability to build a plan, influence and drive results across relevant functions.
- Collaboration: Independently leading cross-disciplinary teams and driving key business development initiatives
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, bias towards data-based decision making and a willingness to always apply a growth mindset.
- Leadership: Ability to identify and creatively resolve issues and adapt under business constraints
- People leadership: role model Microsoft Values and Culture Attributes; develop talent using coaching techniques, and lead with a high degree of empathy and support for employees
- 8 + years of experience in a business discipline which could include experience in business development, consulting, marketing, sales, partner management, finance, legal, or relevant product development/software engineering experience in a role that included external-facing engagement with customers/partners
- Experience building and landing strategies for new products, technologies, and business models.
- The ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment.
- 5+ years leading a team of high impact individuals.
- Technical acumen with SaaS based products and/or hyper-scale clouds.
- Demonstrated capability spotting new trends in technology early based on industry and technology understanding.
Location: Puget Sound preferred but open to discuss candidate requirements in the US
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.