|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Platform Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day.
Core Platform Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we urge you to apply to learn more!
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As a PM Manager in the Core Platform Engineering – SAP, you will lead a team of PMs who deliver several SAP Finance capabilities, supporting business critical processes including Revenue Recognition, Transfer Pricing, Intercompany, Accounts Receivables, Treasury and Payments, Credit and Collections, Fixed Assets and Consolidation. You'll enable real business scenarios like integrating acquisitions, delivering revenue lifecycle capabilities for new products, support new go to market motions while ensuring security and compliance, reliability, user experience and efficiency. You will collaborate with multiple business stakeholders and while you understand your customer’s needs, you also define a “North Star” that will help guide a product roadmaps to enable business to achieve short term and long term goals.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Lead a great team of Program Managers, creating an inclusive environment and engaging team members to deliver results
- Build and grow team capabilities and capacity through coaching and mentoring
- Engage directly with key customers and stakeholders to understand their pain points and ensure we’re delivering the right solutions
- Deliver planning product innovations by employing and cultivating a product engineering mindset across the team.
- Drive an inclusive planning process for each product or initiative, balancing partner input and driving alignment across Microsoft, especially teams in software engineering, Finance stakeholders.
- Build up a team of PMs, exemplifying and coaching the team to embody Microsoft’s values and deliver exceptional results.
- Translate ambiguous problems and strategic visions into customer scenarios, effectively communicating from customer to technical delivery.
- Proactively mitigate critical risks to the product delivery and future roadmap.
- Lead design tradeoffs by applying a strategic understanding of the timing and rationale for design choices
- Measure, understand, and improve our product offering
- Anticipate, identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and issues
- Lead collaboration across feature teams and ensure that the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 8 years' minimum experience in Program Management, Product Management, or Software Development.
- Experience with stakeholder management especially in the areas of Finance, Commerce, Supply Chain or Operations
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- 3–5 years of experience working with major third-party systems in implementation, operation, and configuration (SAP preferred). ERP experience FI module a plus
- 3–5 years of experience presenting and communicating effectively to GM/VP level stakeholders.
- 8+ years of Program Management experience with 3+ years of experience as a manager
- Experience building Azure-based services a plus
- Understanding of business processes in the Finance, Commerce, HR, or Supply Chain areas
- Experience developing project plans and managing releases with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: SCRUM, SAFE or other agile methodologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.