|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires people around the world to create together and has resulted in one of the most active and passionate player communities in history. The Minecraft team is looking for a developer to lead and drive the timely delivery ofnextgenerationgame technology.
Senior Software Engineers take end-to-end ownership of adding and creating new features that delightourcustomers. As the owner, you will evaluate requirements, define criteria, estimate costs, and integrate software into our products and services. This role will requirethe insightand experience of delivering quality work while balancing various dependencies, risk, and timelines.
As a seasoned software engineer you work with peers across disciplines (Art, Design, Production, and Test) to build robust and high-quality features on a predictable schedule. Identifying technological opportunities and improvement, as well as prototyping new techniques will be critical in the success of the role.
- Developselegant designs and tests that identify and eradicate product or service-wide problems and align to multiple-release product or service plans and feature area architecture.
- Leads by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects. Finds and fixes classes of defects.
- Ensures consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable test infrastructure, draws from a large base of design patterns, is an expert in available technologies, and is adept at identifying practices that work well.
- Leads by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects and contributes to effective test plans.
- Optimizes, refactors,and reuses code to improve performance and maintainability – ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment.
- Uses technical knowledge of the product or service design and code to identify risks and prevent classes of bugs.
- Leads design and code reviews across the feature area, understands the root causes of issues, and finds ways to resolve them.
- Optimizes team processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identifies and resolves teamwork issues. Engages and maintains consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved.
- At least 5 years of experience writing cloud-based web services, preferably in Azure.
- Understanding of AzureCompute (App ServicesandWeb Jobs),Storage,Cache, VMs, and Kubernetes.
- Test- and performance-driven methodology for building services. We need to ensure that our services are both robust and handle extremely high scale.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.