|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about transforming Microsoft partners? Are you convinced that Azure is the key to Microsoft’s longer-term success? Do you have what it takes to engage with business and technology leaders of some of our largest, global Services Partners to drive transformative growth for Azure? If that sounds exciting, we have just the right role for you!
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life and it’s the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
The Services Partner team is responsible for driving build with, go to market and sell with motions with Microsoft’s globally managed services partners. These partners include Cloud MSPs, Indirect Providers, Licensing Solution Partners, TELCOs and hosting/managed service providers.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator with Azure/public cloud market, partner, and solution area domain expertise and a proven track record of developing cloud practices to drive consumption and growth across our diverse partner portfolio. There are 3 areas we expect this person to excel:
- Defining App and Infra Strategy & Execution priorities for Services partners.
- Building or enhancing App and Infra practice areas with global Services Partners with clear impact in consumption and customer acquisition areas.
- Being the business owner and thought leader on Azure App and Infra solution area for Services Partner.
To be successful, you will have all/most of these skills and experiences.
- Business development expertise working with partners and track record of replicable solution offerings on Azure (App and infra focused)/AWS.
- Technical subject matter expertise and experience in Cloud infrastructure domain with a good understanding of infra technology concepts like hosting, virtualization, multi-tenancy etc.
- Ability to work cross team across internal.
- Exec maturity and presence.
- Proven record of driving impact, results with partners.
- Formulating the global strategy & execution priorities for Azure app and infra across Services partners
- Business ownership of App and Infra solution area
- Working with PDMs/alliance leads to building net new practices or enhance existing practices with all or subset of globally managed Services Partners
- Engaging deep engagement with Azure Engineering, business groups and business planning teams delivering ongoing market and competitive insights for product/technology/business model improvements
- Subject matter expertise & thought leadership for the broader services partner teams and partners
Some of the success metrics for the role are:
- ACR all-up
- Growing Global Services ACR X% above Microsoft YoY growth
- # of new or enhanced app and infra solutions in market with global SPs, # of global SPs with app and infra offerings
- # of AMP nominations, wins from global services partners
- # of AVS wins
- Customer adds/growth from services partners.
Position Requirements in detail
- Executive maturity: Leadership with senior executives across the partner’s organization and Microsoft internal stakeholder teams to drive relationships, business strategy and plans, and secure commitments to build/launch new Azure infra/app modernization solution offerings
- Identify and mitigate risks to ultimately drive sales impact with Global SPs.
- Proven ability to influence for impact: communicating and networking effectively within the partner’s organization and Microsoft stakeholder teams.
- Proven drive for results: by setting clear, challenging goals, and pursuing those goals with enthusiasm and passion
- Strong cross group collaboration: drive alignment and teamwork within the partner’s and Microsoft’s teams in cross-segment and cross-function dimensions
- Strategic thinking: structured planning and leadership with partner’s executives and Microsoft internal stakeholder teams
- Communication skills: Exceptional communication skills – oral and ability to summarize insights for exec leadership
- 7-10+ years of experience in partner development, sales, and business development in the technology industry. Worldwide scope is critical in prior roles.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Hyperscale Cloud with a reasonable level of technical proficiency in cloud infrastructure, virtualization and application modernization. Basic understanding of Data/Analytics.
- Strong partner C-level/functional head level relationship management and solution development skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.