|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is key to Microsoft’s partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The PDM is a business development and Partner Management role that aligns to a portfolio of partners accountable for driving impact for Partners and Microsoft.
The current role available is on the US ISV Partner Development team responsible for landing US impact with our largest Co-Sell Global ISVs at Microsoft. The PDM in this role will lead the US relationship for a set of Partners drive impact and growth across our Microsoft field. Working with our top ISV Co-Sell Partners at Microsoft, you will have the opportunity to drive Customer impact with some of the most innovative and impactful ISV Partners in the Industry and with Microsoft.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, ability to build new business models, has a strong ISV Partner background and the ability to work fluidly with our Field Sales Teams to land revenue impact. Working knowledge of sales and marketing processes and Microsoft technology is essential.
Key Responsibilities: The Impact You’ll Be Making
Drive Business Growth - Building and Executing US ISV Partner Business Plan
- Partner with WW Microsoft PDM stakeholders to deliver US focused ISV business plans that deliver holistic sales, GTM & technical pillars
- Be the trusted advisor to the ISV Partner at multiple levels within the organization as they develop and execute US business plan
- Secure and coordinate resources and programs to enable partner to ensure partner growth.
- Evangelize ISV partner solutions with the US Microsoft sales teams, clearly articulating the partner’s value propositions to the Microsoft teams to foster proactive engagement with Channel Management and Field sellers
- Review pipeline and drive opportunity velocity with our field and Partners
- Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, and US growth expansion.
- Partner Satisfaction: Ensure strong business relationship and understanding of partner’s needs identifying clear conditions, accountability, progress measurement and timelines
Integrate ISV Partners with Field Sales Teams
- Partner with Channel Management & relevant field roles to deliver field execution ready Partner sales plays to deliver Microsoft wins and ACR impact
- Integrate partners with Microsoft field resources across the segments to jointly account plan and close new business together. Specifically, include the community of local Channel Managers engaged on partner sales activities
- Measure and manage Partner’s success against metrics to maximize win-win results and strategic partner investments
- Demonstrate account management excellence through high quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
Rhythm of the Business:
- Disciplined Business Management: Responsible for contributing to monthly Business Reviews that provides a consistent and predictable Rhythm of the Business (ROB).
- Drive Quarterly Business Review and other ROBs to track progress against goals and commitments; Collaborate for revenue and scorecard impact through evangelizing partner value to Microsoft stakeholders & customers
Support national, regional, & local execution with Microsoft field resources across segments
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience with ISV Partners. The candidate should possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong execution skills, creativity and the ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments. In addition, strategic thinking ability to define and drive an end-to-end business plan will be key. The candidate should have a proven track record in building business relationships that result in revenue impact. The candidate must also be a highly motivated self-starter that will demonstrate initiative and ability to work as part of a global, virtual team environment that demands excellence. Lastly, this role will be interfacing with the senior most levels within Microsoft and our top partners and will be expected to drive very effective executive communication and management skills
The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience in partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Cross-geography experience with critical solution partners, if relevant to role’s geographical scope
- Proven background in managing cross-functional teams (marketing, technical and sales)
- Knowledge of ISV Partner business models preferred
- The ability to influence and impact executives in partner organizations
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Understanding of customer value proposition for Microsoft priority workloads and best practices for partners to monetize services and solutions
- Strong teamwork skills are also required to successfully work in what is a highly matrixed environment.
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.