|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for consumer centric UX design and an interest in data analysis and metrics? Are you looking for a role in which you can showcase your content development experience? If so, this Program Manager 2 role with our Bing Knowledge & Experiences team (aka Satori) may be a great fit for you!
At its heart, Bing Knowledge graph is the knowledge engine behind search that powers a structured data experience built from unstructured web data. Within our team, this PM role is all about understanding the user intent and helping to complete their search tasks with experiences that power knowledge graph-based experiences. Success in this role, therefore, relies on a strong passion for content quality and a solid understanding of sourcing and curating content at scale and building a compelling UX experience.
With flighting and experimentation also being essential elements of the team’s foundation on shipping new features, you will have the opportunity for your work to be seen by millions of users on a daily basis!
Together, we’re a group of passionate and driven PMs and engineers who appreciate the value associated with great user empathy and creating scalable user frameworks, and who have a passion for improving search and ability to work across a large number of internal and external partners.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to review your application!
As a Program Manager 2 on our team some of your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct user analysis to understand user tasks, top pain points and new business opportunities via delightful experiences.
- Take insights and translate them into features or actions.
- Develop plans for flighting and experimentation across different product canvases.
- Build and manage content curation at scale using crowdsourcing and other third-party vendors
- Analyze user query patterns, metrics, and other feedback to build new feature or evolve existing features.
- Partner with user research and design team to develop user experiences which align to customer needs.
- Write feature specs, manage, and track key issues, and manage team execution.
- Proactively communicate issues and status to feature team and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for and capable of working on multiple concurrent projects and meeting deadlines.
- Create scalable solutions that can be applied as a framework for solving multiple scenarios across different partners and device types.
Required qualifications for this role:
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Content or other related Disciplines
- 2+ years of experience with UX design
- Experience with content development or content editing
The below skills and experiences are not required, but are complimentary to this role:
- Program Management experience
- Consumer product design experience
- Experience working with data and understanding metrics
- Hypothesis driven product development including testing and A/B experimentation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.