|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The mission of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive and vibrant ecosystem of managed and unmanaged partners, while also guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across the global OCP teams. To do this, OCP focuses its efforts around four core motions: Build-with, Technical, Go To Market (GTM), and Partner Co-sell.
The Surface Partner Development Manager (PDM) role in OCP organization is at the forefront of bringing Surface and the Modern Workplace to the Channel. The PDM is a business development role responsible for managing select Surface partners (resellers or distributors) and is accountable for the performance of these partners. The PDM is responsible for helping partners build comprehensive business plans to drive sales and deployment of the complete Surface portfolio. The PDM is accountable for revenue attainment and quota achievement. The partner’s performance is measured against business objectives and revenue goals established in the partner business plan developed as part of the joint fiscal year business planning led by Surface PDM Manager. The role requires hardware sales and channel experience. It is exciting time to join MSUS OCP and work as one of the Surface PDMs to drive this fast pace, fast growing business.
- Develop, enable and grow Managed Partners for Surface
- Develop reseller partner recruitment plan
- Develop partner business plans through joint planning to target new buyers and new influencers, along with sales target setting
- Manage plan through to success and meet joint business goals, revenue, unit & accessories targets
- Exceed revenue quota goals by delivering Surface revenue growth across managed partner portfolio
- Ensure partner readiness by developing a plan to build partner marketing, sales, integration and support capabilities
- Support partners ability to engage every customer on Surface scenarios
- Utilize field insight, data and case studies to support partners for Surface
- Conduct monthly and quarterly business reviews with managed partners to understand sales blockers and discuss plans to overcome them
- Establish high partner satisfaction by earning a "trusted advisor" status with senior executives down to the field rep level, driving positive outcome against Conditions of Satisfaction, and influencing partner business strategy & planning
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Hardware (e.g., PC, data storage, networking, etc) commercial sales experience
- Strong reseller or distributor partner experience
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.