|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want an opportunity to make an impact on enterprise customers around the world? You would be creating products, tools and services that help enterprises manage their devices providing their employees with access to corporate applications, data and resources from virtually anywhere, on platforms such as Windows, iOS, Android and others, all while helping to keep corporate information and assets secure against known and emerging cyber threats meeting all the regulatory and compliance requirements.
We are a group of supportive team players, working on critical and strategic projects involving high-performance design, coding, debugging and optimization work in a fast-paced agile development environment. We value collaboration and customer obsession and we embrace a culture to give us continuous success for technology and people.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about designing and building high quality reliable Cloud Services. As an engineer in our team, you’ll be working on changes to one or more services to meet the growing needs of Microsoft first party and second party solutions. In particular, for a given feature you’ll be expected to meet with stakeholders/PM to get the requirements, document the design and review within the team, implement the design, create unit tests on your changes, manage the flighting of the new feature, and implement additional monitoring and metrics as needed for the feature. In short, you will truly own your feature from start to finish. As a leader in our team, you will be responsible for driving best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
The team brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communications and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Skype with the desktop suite of Office products in an always up-to-date integrated service offering.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft as a business and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- 5+ years hands on industry software engineering experience in C#, Java, C++ or any other object oriented coding language.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and\or application frameworks.
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design.
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services.
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
- Experience in backend design and development.
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on November 18th, 2020. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.