|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
Large distributed systems can be complex and often difficult to understand, observe, and diagnose. Come join a team of engineers with a passion for big data analytics. As part of this team, you’ll work on solutions to correlate and analyze some of the biggest collections of distributed system telemetry data in the company. Help Microsoft implement a distributed tracing solution across all of Azure that makes our services more observable internally as well as for our customers. Leverage existing distributed tracing and telemetry correlation techniques as well as design and create new methods to observe and model our systems providing analytic insight around performance, root cause analysis, and diagnostics.
- We are seeking an individual who is passionate about open source technologies and setting industry standards with CNCF, W3C, and OpenTelemetry communities. We are embarking on the next-generation of observability. Work on converging efforts for Distributed Tracing and Metrics with community driven effort of OpenTelemetry.
- Partner with service teams across Azure and all of Microsoft to enable them to be successful with the distributed tracing system.
- Design and build highly scalable processing pipelines to index and correlate distributed system telemetry across many large-scale services.
- Implement services that are high scale, low latency, always on, low cost to maintain and operate.
- Influence other developers to come up with the right design and architecture for their components and make them the model for common patterns going forward.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on quality by participating in code reviewing adding unit/integration tests.
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience. (required)
- 5+ years of experience developing delivering successful software products
- Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms.
- Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale.
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Prior experience working on.NET/C#. (preferred)
- Experience with big data processing (batch/stream), Apache Spark, Scala. (preferred)
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.