|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of a high visibility, growth-oriented team with ambitious goals and potential to improve the quality of life for a billion users?
We are the Weather and Finance team under WebXT organization (Edge, Search, Ads, Map and MSN). Our goal is to make consuming weather and financial information a daily habit for 1 billion users. As they begin their day, users will be delighted by the personalized, actionable weather and finance insights that are presented to them natively within their Windows, Office, and Browser experiences. We will make viewing these insights as second nature to our users as it is today to look at the clock for time or review upcoming events on the calendar. Users desiring more information will be seamlessly transitioned into immersive, engaging experiences with rich, topical information, enabling us to grow both DAU and revenue. We will differentiate these experiences by placing bold bets on state of art AI and Big Data technologies.
Depending on where you’ve worked, you might be called “Product Manager” or “Product Manager, Technical.” We welcome intensely customer-focused, technical leaders that love building product vision, developing new concepts, and driving execution of exquisitely crafted solutions to customers’ most challenging problems. As a part of this role you will lead a global team of data scientists, software engineers and marketing, operations to build a best in class weather and finance services that wins the hearts and mind of end users.
- Set the vision and drive execution for the Weather and Finance product and related services.
- Work closely with engineers, architects, and business leaders and drive the product offerings forward.
- Leverage market and business insights to direct investments to the products.
- 8+ years of Technical Product or Program Management of Consumer applications
- 2+ years of experience working on applications that involve Data Science, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence.
- Familiar with the lifecycle of DS/AI/ML (training, experimentation, deployment, inference) using a range of frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- BS degree in CS or related field or BA degree is required. Advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus.
- Domain knowledge in consumer weather and finance services is a strong plus.
- Both technically adept and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization, from data scientist, engineers to executives.
- Ability to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution as needed.
- Exceptional collaboration and written and verbal communication skills
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, we continue to expand our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences as we help our people and our customers realize their potential.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.