|Job Type:||Full Time|
The OneDrive and SharePoint Design team is currently seeking an experienced, motivated, creative, and customer-focused Senior Design Researcher. Our Design Researchers are part of the OneDrive and SharePoint multi discipline Design Team. We work closely with Program Management and Engineers to design OneDrive and SharePoint experiences. Our team has a strong culture of innovation and creativity with much opportunity to influence and grow professionally. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating user experiences that empower our users to be more productive and efficient.
In this role you will work closely with an interdisciplinary research, design, and engineering team to define, and ultimately deliver future experiences for OneDrive and SharePoint. As a Researcher on our team, you will have the opportunity to employ a wide range of research methodologies including remote studies, field research, traditional usability tests, prototype testing, survey, and telemetry research.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and executing proven research methods throughout all phases of software development to make recommendations and solve design problems. Great oral and written communication skills are essential for working closely with Designers, Engineers, Program Managers, and other Researchers to garner support for research plans and ensure impact from results in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Research Planning: Develop and maintain research plans and drive data into decisions across the product lifecycle.
- Knowledge Management: Experience managing design research knowledge that is leveraged across design and engineering teams.
- Delivery: Provide actionable insights as an outcome of research activities and drive those insights into product and design plans with peers in the PM and Design organizations.
- Communication: Effectively communicate research strategies, methodologies and insights to peers, partners, and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Evangelism: Be a key partner in ensuring product success by representing the value of design research to Product Managers and Engineers throughout the organization.
- Global Alignment: Work closely with design counterparts in global teams to align research activities and execution consistency.
- Leadership: Leverage your insights and experience in design reviews and planning cycles to improve the team’s ability to delivery world-class design solutions
- A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- 7+ years of industry experience conducting user research and driving tangible outcomes with product teams and a proven track record of success and impact.
- Proven experience designing and conducting a range of formative and iterative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release (Enterprise experience a plus)
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
- Develop and maintain research plans and drive data into decisions across the product lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the implications of research finding in clear and compelling ways; translate research findings into actionable recommendations; ability to translate data into Insights.
- Strong written and verbal abilities
- Experience managing design research knowledge that is leveraged across design and engineering teams.
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- Proven ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills.
- Previous experience as user researcher conducting studies with a technical user base is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.