|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join a team at the forefront of Microsoft’s transformation! Azure Revenue Planning provides end to end financial planning support for Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) products and cloud services.
Our team’s charter includes
1) leading Azure revenue planning initiatives, including Competitors analysis, Cloud Market sizing, developing the long range plan (LRP), providing analytical support for pricing and packaging decisions, and supporting commercial partnerships and deals.
2) providing decision support for the Microsoft-wide New Commerce initiatives, aimed at re-engineering our commercial platform to support the needs of our fast-evolving business as we quickly transition to the cloud.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to lead the Programs & Modern Revenue Planner for Azure Services. The role requires strong business acumen, project management, ability to conceptualize and create business models, and partner well across peer teams. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing business within C+AI and a highly collaborative team with multiple opportunities to make a difference and develop your career within Microsoft.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn, lead and analyze top cloud providers and total addressable market sizing (TAM). Data is fed quarterly to top senior leaders (SLT) metrics
- Lead Azure long-range planning exercise for Azure & C+AI, act as the champion/leader for new growth opportunities, enable strategic conversations on “big-bets”
- Drive decision support for Microsoft New Commerce features & roadmap, with a focus on Azure, to optimize, simplify, and enhance purchasing & deal making commerce experience over the next 10 years
- Lead engagements with C+AI Marketing and Engineering to support end-to-end product planning and strategic decision making to unlock key Go-To-Market (GTM) opportunities for Azure Modern Seller/Field channel
- Provide analytical framework and support in the design of cross Channels & Cloud products pricing strategy.
- Collaborate with other C+AI finance teams to facilitate the successful landing of new offers in overall finance rhythm of the business (reporting, target setting, budgeting, etc.)
Our team values the following sets of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Deep modeling capabilities which includes leveraging internal Microsoft tools, reporting cubes, BI tools and other financial systems. Commercial/Licensing experience is a plus.
- Passion to solve problems, working at multiple altitudes, from strategic and high-level framing to detailed analysis
- Ability to synthesize complex analysis into key insights to facilitate executive decision making
- A learning and growth mindset to continue to sharpen our approach to new business challenges
- Project management:
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple inputs, tasks and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
- Self-motivation; quickly identifying what needs to be accomplished and getting it done
- Cross-Group Collaboration:
- Leadership skills, proactively driving and delivering high-impact results through both individual and v-team effort
- Strong partnering capabilities, influencing others without direct authority and recommending alternatives to align the group
- Crisp oral and written communication skills at various levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, commerce, or a related field/discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant financial analysis or business analysis experience
- Experience with business intelligence tools and strong financial modeling skills
- Able to demonstrate strategic, critical thinking
- Inclusive team player with excellent cross group collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to gather people around an idea coupled with the leadership ability to influence others
- Ability to work both in the detail and at the executive level and partner with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive and complete projects independently
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.