|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud AI & Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a strong leader to build a systems engineering team.
#CAASE #Cloud #AZURE
- Build and lead a team for systems development and engineering
- Strong knowledge of Hardware and Software to enable end to end systems
- Broad expertise in SoC, Hardware and software architectures
- Collaboration with internal and external partners on architecture, design, simulation, fabrication, and qualification of advanced SoC systems
- Expertise in wide range of technologies e.g. BMC, Firmware, UEFI, Secure firmware, Thermals, SoC, HW/SW interfaces
- Hands on experience with ODM/JDM model
- Broad experience with hardware validation engineering
- Developing project documentation including system and component level specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, noise margin analysis, schedules and presentations to meet requirements
- Strong knowledge of Cloud readiness of hardware in datacenters
- 10+ years of Hardware engineering
- 10+ years experience leading large teams in Hardware development, SoC and software
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong skillset covering engineering analysis, modeling, simulation, design, problem solving, communication and external partner management is required
- Good understanding of SoC. UEFI, OpenBMC, Firmware, BSP, Drivers, Crypto
- Good understanding of High Speed SerDes, DDR4 and newer interfaces
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- A track record of design and manufacturing of high complexity electronic products
- Proven problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
- Be a self-starter and a leader that can maintain focus and deliver results consistently that drive business capability value
- Drive through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision. Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done with proven experience leading complex programs/initiatives to successful completion
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience providing project status to line and senior management
- Strong understanding of business planning and cross-organizational consulting and/or support processes - preferably in a very large, matrixed enterprise
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.