|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join us, we are the Substrate to Azure Convergence team and help us bring together one of the largest collaborations between Office 365 and Azure to evolve our infrastructure and services into a hyper scale cloud platform. Substrate is the set of intelligent, high value services and compliant environment that is enabling the next generation of transformative end-user experiences for Office365 and the entire company.
We're looking collaborative engineers with a track record for delivering high scale, low latency distributed cloud services and infrastructures while demonstrating leadership in high performing teams. In this role, you will be helping architect, design, and implement key parts of this collaboration between Office365 and Azure. Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer and partner needs.
- Cross collaborate with other senior developers and architects to define the platform roadmap
- Design and implement key parts of the platform
- Solve problems related to scalability, latency and availability
- Work with our partners to onboard on the platform
- Help write documentation for service developers
- Help mentor other developers in the team
- 5 years of enterprise-scale software engineering experience with cloud/hybrid infrastructure
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT or related technical discipline
- Hands-on engineering experience across cloud technologies, including Azure, AWS or GCP
- Data Center infrastructure and Networking knowledge
- Object oriented language C#/Java or equivalent and scripting experience
- Deep understanding of cloud fundamentals, cloud native architecture including security, performance, scalability, and storage concepts (SQL/NoSQL)
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.