|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
We are the Security and Compliance (S+C) team; we are committed to defending Microsoft customers from cyber-attacks. Our team fosters an agile development environment, continuously gathering and analyzing data to combat evolving threats and deliver proactive protection.
Our product, Microsoft Defender, is a unified platform for preventative protection, post-breach detection, automated investigation, and response. As the Research organization, it’s our job to stay one step ahead of malicious adversaries and predict the threats of the future. We work with partners across Microsoft to innovate new approaches for detecting and tracking threats, attacker techniques, their tools and infrastructure.
Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diversity of backgrounds and experiences enables us to create innovate solutions for our customers, while having a blast working together on building those systems. We are passionate about learning on the job. Our culture is collaborative and customer focused.
How can you help?
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to help us expand our predictive protection. As a data scientist on our team, you will partner with our researchers, engineers, and other data scientists to design, build, and deploy state-of-the-art solutions to protect customers. In your day-to-day work, you will analyze telemetry from our products, conduct data experiments, build machine learning or statistical pipelines, build automation pipelines, incorporate quality monitors, and ship successful models to production.
At Microsoft, you’ll have access to vast amounts of threat-related data from billions of endpoints and other sources. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with partners across Microsoft who have decades of security and ML expertise. We also offer many company-sponsored classes and conferences that focus on data science, ML, and engineering excellence. Microsoft provides phenomenal community, tools, and technologists to grow your expertise in this field. Best of all, on the MDATP team, you'll be able to apply that expertise to protecting people.
- Monitor and analyze protection data to uncover gaps
- Build end-to-end pipelines for turning raw data into protection value for customers through statistical and/or machine learning methods
- Research, experiment with, and measure the impact of new protection models using data
- Provide technical leadership to our team by reviewing problem sets, proposing prediction models, and reviewing experiments and models
- 4+ years of professional experience in a technical role as a Data Scientist
- Strong drive for results. You have a proven record of shepherding experiments to create successful shipping products/services
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills
- Moderate coding skills with specific experience in data wrangling & exploration
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability and motivation to self-teach while entering new domains and managing through ambiguity
- Passion for the cybersecurity field is mandatory, though no previous experience or knowledge is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.