|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI FSP. This role will require candidates to obtain maintain a TS/SCI FSP clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
The success of Office 365 is driving us to evaluate new markets, new business opportunities as well as new ways of accomplishing our goals. As engineers we need to be constantly looking for fresh ideas and new approaches. We are looking for the right leader to take some of these ideas and turn them into reality.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to work directly with customers and across all Microsoft customer facing teams to ensure a seamless onboarding and consumption experience. Identifying blockers and working with customer Engineering Teams to provide solutions. Candidates should expect some amount of travel to work directly with customers and engineering teams bring issues to resolution. The individual must be able to navigate a highly complex environment, manage customer expectations and clearly and succinctly communicate with Engineering, Sales, Field, Microsoft Consulting Services, Partner and SI teams. Candidates should also be able to look across customers to determine common issues and drive solutions at the strategic level.
- Act as the customer facing O365 Engineering team representative to manage customer expectations particularly on the topics of security and compliance as it relates to consumption of services and customer adoption
- Organize and deliver customer education sessions to provide both high level and deep dives on the various capabilities of the O365 service
- Collaborate with other customer facing organizations (internal and external) to achieve customer adoption and customer goals in a unified manner
- As part of the O365 Engineering team work directly with component engineering teams to articulate customer requirements and issues drive to resolution
- Coordinate customer facing sessions for technical deep dives, feedback sessions and customer education
- Identify customer policies or processes blocking consumption and educate customer on needed changes
- Create and maintain customer relationships on behalf of O365 Engineering to better understand customer requirements, strategies, and roadblocks to adoption.
- 7+ years of program management experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting development and/or deployment of complex government systems or networks
- Deep knowledge of M365 and Azure Security and Compliance technologies
- 5+ years of experience in a cyber security or system compliance related discipline
- Deep understanding of US Government customer particularly Intelligence Community and DoD
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related field
- Knowledgeable of the Risk Management Framework
- Strong ability to work independently and handle ambiguity
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide vision and direction in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and diverse environment
- Ability to effectively drive business & technical conversations with engineers, partners & customers
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.