|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Power Automate is at the heart of the Process Automation transformation by unifying both Digital and Robotic Process Automation. It simplifies these end-to-end scenarios by connecting API-based automation and UI-based automation. Our goal is to reinvent business processes by ensuring that building automation bots does not require deep training and support like other Process Automation vendors.
To continue to innovate and differentiate in the Process Automation space, we are growing our team. We are a diverse team that has moved from incubation into full-scale product development and are now gearing up for the next phase of growth. This is an opportunity to work with multiple technologies and partner with multiple teams both inside Microsoft and across the industry.
We are looking for developers who have a deep sense of pride and personal accountability for end-to-end quality, product completeness, and have a strong desire to create intuitive and impactful experiences that will be validated using a data driven approach. We are looking for strong motivated developers to help us deliver:
- Rich set of workflow features in Microsoft Power Automate and enable it to be the automation backend for the Power Platform.
- Build authoring experiences to make process automation simple for citizen developers.
- Build strong relationships with our partners from across the Microsoft ecosystem and empower them to be successful in their automation journeys by leveraging our capabilities.
- Leverage deep learning technologies to build smarter features for citizen developers.
We are a full stack shop and you will be working in a rapid development environment building scalable backend services on top of Azure stack and providing world-class modern authoring and runtime experiences for process and workflow approvals.
As a senior engineer, you will work with our key customers, understand their needs and translate them into architectural investments to our platform to drive the next wave of investments. You will drive key first party partner scenarios to be successful via Power Automate by helping them migrate from their existing legacy workflow investments to a more modern, powerful, cloud-first automation stack. You will be expected to work collaboratively within the team, drive a strong engineering culture and provide technical oversight to feature crews, work through competing priorities, and solve complex technical challenges to meet business goals and maintain live site availability. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a passion for front-end services with the full stack and customers in mind.
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communications and cross-group collaboration skills which facilitate interactions across multiple stakeholders, customers, and partner teams
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable web services, SaaS offerings, and REST APIs
- Comfortable with full-stack development from middle-tier-to-front-end
- Experience with cloud technology stacks from Microsoft, Amazon, or Google
- Experience using agile software development methodology
- Ability to mentor and guide junior developers and interns as we build upon a strong, collaborative engineering culture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.