|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help build applications that empower customer creativity and productivity in the modern, highly collaborative workplace? Are you passionate about growing and supporting engineers? Do you have solid experience with web and distributed technologies?
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing app in Microsoft history and core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications and collaboration. Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs.
We have become THE hub for teamwork in Office 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and 75M+ daily active users across the globe using Teams. This is a v1 product and will provide you with an opportunity to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond. If you want to work in a startup-like environment with the desire to move fast, this may be the team for you.
- Be a great manager, mentor, and leader of the group and broader organization. You will manage a group of developers that are building the next generation capabilities for the Teams large scale distributed services and desktop/web apps.
- Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Have solid understanding of web and distributed technologies. Product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goal in an evolutionary way is critical.
- Be a great engineer. You will be accountable to the design, implementation, schedule, delivery, of your team and services. Doing this in an efficient, maintainable way with emphasis on reliability and product performance as the top concern is a must.
If you have a history of managing high performing teams, designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills, then we want to talk to you. You should have a deep understanding of the web and distributed technologies, software development lifecycle and have a passion for secure, reliable, scalable and maintainable code. Successful candidates should have ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community. In addition, strong problem solving & debugging skills are a must.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience with track record of driving multiple products/versions from inception to delivery.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing people in a product development environment
- Engineering experience with large scale complex modern web development stacks like React with Typescript.
- Ability to work in large teams and mentor new developers to the team
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to appreciate complex problems with a thorough design and collaborate with multiple partners on common goals.
- Proven success with cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration.
- Professional experience writing visually appealing customer facing features.
- Passionate about shipping secure, accessible, and world-ready applications that allow customers to be more inclusive and productive.
- Experience engaging with customers to determine requirements and iterate on existing features.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.