|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. As a studio, the quality of our products is our top priority, and we are investing in modernizing our development process so we can ship higher quality code to our players, faster.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Systems Engineering Build team. We develop and support the systems that builds Minecraft’s C++ source into quality, releasable binaries on 15+ desktop, mobile, and video game console platforms. We've recently transitioned most builds to CMake (soon to be all!) and moved to yaml-based continuous integration pipelines in Azure DevOps, with more improvements on the horizon. Join us in our pursuit of even more efficient and higher quality Minecraft releases and, along the way, put some smiles on our developers’ faces!
- Design and implement improvements to Minecraft's build configurations and continuous integration system
- Perform build tool and environment upgrades, using code to automate the process
- Use data to determine what build systems improvements will have the greatest impact
- Collaborate with other teams and partners on initiatives involving the build systems
- Coordinate with and be a good collaborator with our offsite software vendors and partners
- Teach build best practices through intuitive code and helpful documentation
- Provide efficient and kind troubleshooting of developer build issues and funnel feedback into the team to drive future improvements
- Experience designing and implementing C++ build system configurations with one or more tools such as CMake, Meson, Visual Studio/MSBuild, or Xcode
- Experience using one or more continuous integration systems such as GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, GitLab, or Jenkins along with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell to automate software build, test, and/or deployment processes
- Experience writing and reviewing C++ through a job or open source effort
- Experience with source control branch management in a team environment (git preferred)
Experience in providing technical leadership and mentorship for a team of engineers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.