|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join the Performance & Development (P&D) team at Microsoft to help lead the design and ongoing evolution of our global approach to P&D and manage the translation of that design from concept into actual experiences.
P&D, delivered through our Connects, Feedback, Kudos and Rewards experiences, is one of the most fundamental and potentially powerful tools we have to drive outstanding individual, team and organizational performance that accrues to exceptional business outcomes. It enables us to connect our employees’ efforts to business strategy and provide them clarity on their job expectations and performance, as well as coach them in their development and build the careers they desire.
If you want to really get your hands on some of the core elements of our culture and employee experience, look no further!
As part of our P&D team, you will have the opportunity to tap into the intellectual side of business and dig deep into the research, debate and ever-changing models of performance, feedback, development and recognition in order to inform our work and keep it current. Think neuroscience, organizational and social psychology, behavioral economics – super hot, ever-evolving and talked-about fields of research in the HR space.
You will help us push the envelope and lead the way with innovative programs and practices that empower our employees to be their best. You will work on teams that cross functions, geographies, and disciplines, and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of HR who will help inform and fine-tune our programs. We are boundaryless in our work!
This role provides an ideal opportunity for someone who loves to think big, apply concepts to solutions, move from strategy to execution, and who wants to help drive culture and employee experience in a significant way. As part of our team, you’ll gain valuable knowledge and experiences that you will be able to apply to all parts of HR and the business.
Advance our Performance & Development approach
- Regularly research trends and data (external and internal) and understand how we and others approach the practice of performance development to contribute to the evolving design and implementation of the Performance & Development program at Microsoft.
- Measure program efficacy, analyze and understand the implications and opportunities presented in the data. Share your findings and recommendations in clear and compelling ways with key partners and leaders to drive consistent and effective implementation of our P&D approach, and to build buy-in on how we might evolve over time.
- Support additional internal research to gain insights on adoption of key concepts such as the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Core Priority, the Core Priority for all managers, and their resulting impact.
- Use your understanding of the program to clearly outline and propose innovations that align with the Microsoft culture and advance intended behavioral and mindset shifts.
- Partner with HR and business leads to bring the P&D philosophy, practices and processes to life in a consistent manner, creating high value employee experiences.
Manage program execution and evangelize P&D practices
- Lead Annual Rewards program readiness for employees, managers, leaders and HR to build greater awareness, understanding and consistent delivery of our end-of-fiscal Rewards processes. Develop high quality learning solutions and readiness materials, align multiple workgroups and partners around key messages and priorities, and ready support channels to ensure seamless assistance. Drive well-informed outcomes that contribute to positive employee experiences.
- Partner with other HR talent experts to enhance our year-round talent management approach by incorporating themes and measures from P&D into all talent discussions and processes, driving accountability and consistency.
- Develop and evolve program content and guidance found on our internal HR portal (HRweb) and in employee tools and resources.
- Help inform user experiences in the tools we create to support the Performance & Development approach. This includes the tool used to support our “Connects”, our continuous coaching conversations designed to help employees and managers discuss an individual’s contributions and opportunities for growth; “Perspectives”, our approach to feedback, and “Kudos”, our delightful peer-to-peer ‘thank you’ recognition tool. Assist with the global design and roll-out of enhancements to these and other tools/experiences, all critical elements of our cultural evolution and enabling growth mindset.
- Work across the organization and across project teams to consider relationships between different programs and ideas and to ultimately create seamless employee experiences that help our teams get better and deliver results. You would work closely with key partners such as our Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I), Talent, Learning & Insights (TLI) team, Global Talent Acquisition (GTA), Compensation, HR Business Insights (HRBI), Global HR Operations, Corporate Services Engineering & Operations (CSEO), Communications, Legal and our HR Line teams that support all aspects of the Microsoft business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to communicate and connect the impact of employee Performance & Development in support of our Microsoft cultural direction;
- Ability to understand, represent and integrate multiple business perspectives and the cause-effect relationship of Performance & Development and employee behavior;
- Extreme curiosity and demonstrated ability to listen, learn and communicate not just the what, but the why behind the design of our approach and supporting programs;
- Strong relationship building and networking skills and the ability to influence effectively across groups with diverse populations, levels and interests;
- Commitment to inclusion and making sure all voices are heard, valued and leveraged in designing any element of our global P&D approach and program details;
- Demonstrated courage to approach challenging conversations with a growth mindset;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – ask questions, state assumptions and move forward – and to adapt to change rapidly and gracefully in response to business conditions and priorities;
- Ability to organize, analyze and apply research, including processing large amounts of data (Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables), in order to identify trends and potential opportunities for the business;
- Willingness to take informed risks in proposing new and innovative ideas based on research, collaboration and creativity and to experiment to test their efficacy;
- Interest and ability in applying technology in new, creative ways to enhance the employee experience;
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once;
- Excellent communication (written to prepare emails, Powerpoint decks, whitepapers and more, and verbal in meetings and presentations) and group facilitation skills, at all levels of the organization;
- Work experience in the field of HR is strongly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, psychology or related field, or equivalent experience. MA, MBA or other graduate work in HR-related field preferred.
Knowledge of Performance Management and/or Learning & Development practices, theories, models a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.