|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Private Edge Zones team is building the platform and services for the growing needs of applications at the edge enabled by the recent trends in mobile connectivity with 5G. Mission critical applications require low latency, high bandwidth compute, storage and networking at the edge and there is a continuous need to evolve the hardware and software to meet these demands. Azure Private Edge Zones enables customers to deploy and manage networking services from the cloud at their edges in a seamless fashion. Using the service, customers can deploy Mobile core, SDWAN and other VNFs / CNFs and build branch office and private cellular networks through a simplified cloud based management and control plane on Azure hardware.
Azure Private Edge Zones team is seeking motivated individuals to build the next wave of platform and services for the intelligent edge enabled by 5G. We live and breathe the engineering culture that many companies (both large and small) are increasingly adopting, where a single engineer wears all the hats necessary to design, implement, validate and release great features. We collaborate closely with product teams at Microsoft as well as internally to ensure we’re delivering an integrated and seamless experience for customers to manage and operate services.
- 1 year of software development experience in C++, C#, or Java (industry or academia)
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Superb technical know-how, ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas
- Proven strong design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Great cross group collaboration skills
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- 3GPP 4G, 5G mobile core architecture and networking protocols
- Experience developing containerized application, services or network functions
- Experience building Kubernetes CRDs, Operators
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering field (PhD preferred)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.