|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Developer Relations at Microsoft. Our mission is to empower developers to build amazing experiences and solutions worldwide. Our story is all about giving developers the content, tools, and training that allows them to do what they love: write, code, and learn. We go where developers are and help them be successful.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced process-driven program manager who has technical depth and curiosity to push themselves and their organization further. We are at the core of transformation across Microsoft – with significant opportunity for you to influence how student developers use and perceive the Microsoft cloud in scenarios like Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cross-Platform App Development, and High-Performance Computing. You’ll have an opportunity to grow your leadership skills, expand your Microsoft network, and to have significant influence and impact across the company.
In this role, you will help drive key student initiatives ensuring our stakeholders are able to easily execute against our strategy and dependencies. You will be the aggregator and disseminator of information to drive key results. You will create the processes, initiatives, and insights necessary to make decisions that help grow the student developer footprint, while being keenly aware of customer needs and industry trends. You will focus on the big picture, all the while not losing sight of the details required to drive teams toward successful outcomes.
As a Program Manager in Azure Student Developer Relations, the core impact of this role is managing and growing our university student engagement including working across Microsoft internal teams to ensure students are successful with our offers and programs. Your day-to-day might include:
- Be a liaison between multiple teams, removing blockers and finding opportunities for maximizing impact
- Lead and coordinate projects of varied complexity and with various constraints, driving collaborative teams
- Works across Developer Relations and Microsoft to solve problems the right way while seeking out diverse, unbiased perspectives
- Show bias for action in kickstarting initiatives and create informed experiments that help the organization scale
- Execute on projects of any scale, while being able to understand existing constraints and limitations
- Be an advocate for diversity and inclusion within the company and in external-facing communities
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, self-starter with a strong strategic acumen who thrives amidst ambiguity, has a can-do attitude, has strong intuitions about what resonates with students that is shaped by your experiences working on programs to drive student and developer adoption of technologies.
- 5+ years in technical product and/or program management
- Experience driving partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of developer communities and communication styles that resonate with a broad audience
- Strong core skills in program management and project management especially in a fast-moving, changing environment
- Active on social media promoting technology with a strong social following
- Passion for technology with some subject matter expertise in Azure and open source technologies.
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve. Ability to self-study; ramp to latest technologies
- Understanding of student developer audiences, and why/how they make choices about the technologies they use.
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and communications skills - including the keen ability to translate complex ideas into various mediums for effective, audience-appropriate consumption.
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize several complex projects
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.