|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role can be located anywhere in the US but WA is preferred location.
Are you a business leader looking to lead the transition to the cloud? Do you want to play a critical role in reinventing business process transformation for customers?
Consumption is the new currency and the linchpin of our cloud strategy. It allows our customers to realize the full value of their Business Application investment, facilitates retention & renewals, inoculates us from competitive threats, and is a precursor for up-selling advanced cloud workloads. Be part of the business that will drive the next decade of growth at Microsoft!
If you are ready for the challenge, this role in the Worldwide Customer Success Business Applications team is for you. We are looking for a Sr Business Development Manager to develop Innovation Programs for Dynamics 365, Power Platform and/or Customer Insights. The role will be part of the Field Enablement Team and will be responsible for program development and execution to drive customer success of Business Applications.
As a Sr Business Development Manager, your strategies, execution guidance and success initiatives will enable the extended Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) team across 60+ countries to accelerate value in every customer engagement and accelerate their digital transformation journey.
You will need to have excellent collaboration and influencing skills that enable you to work cross-functionally across the CE&S team, field teams, partners, product marketing, engineering and readiness in both strategy development and driving execution. You will be accountable for accelerating consumption of strategic Business Applications solutions as part of our best-in-class customer experience.
The Sr Business Development Manager for Innovation Programs is a worldwide role that has a direct impact on making our customers successful by ensuring they achieve their business outcomes and in turn, Microsoft achieves its customer success and revenue goals. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Define and execute innovation strategy to drive usage across Commercial audiences through scalable programs (e.g. leveraging Microsoft resources & Partners to execute funded offers / workshops / assessments)
- Engage with strategic customers and partners to drive adoption and deployment of enterprise solutions built on the Microsoft Business Applications platform
- Enable Microsoft Field and Partner teams via programs, tools, best practices, and readiness to drive high-quality customer engagements and usage behavior
- Scale across a global sales force and partner ecosystem through consistency, simplification, standardization and consolidation
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders (including Consumption Architects, Technical Architects, Field Sales, Product Marketing, Engineering, Readiness, etc.) to build the vision and execute the strategy
We are looking for a passionate, forward-thinking, results-oriented individual contributor with exceptional operational discipline. The successful candidate demonstrates a growth mindset and embraces ongoing learning to continually improve. The role focuses primarily on program development, execution, and improving the customer experience.
- 7-10 years of marketing, field enablement or solution sales experience with track record of delivering global programs that led to tangible business results
- Strong passion for technology and the ability to clearly articulate technology solutions in a business and customer-centric manner; knowledge of Business Applications (Customer Relationship Management or Enterprise Resource Planning), Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power Platform, and/or Customer Insights preferred
- Ambitious with strong strategic thinking skills; able to develop comprehensive forward-looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Track record to influence without authority, collaborate effectively, and lead virtual teams (including but not limited to sellers, product marketing, engineering, partner, and services teams) in complex and ambiguous environments
- Ability to identify key insights that guides the way Microsoft works, enables the field, and goes to market
- Excellent communication skills including high quality written communications and the ability to articulate complex information in a simple way
- Goal-oriented, action-focused, strong interpersonal skills
- Optimism, tenacity, and grit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; graduate degree preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.