|Job Type:||Full Time|
The mission of Microsoft Experiences and Devices organization is to create trusted and loved productivity experiences and devices for people at home, work, and school. Office 365 is at the core of this mission to enable people and organizations to achieve more. The Office Experience Organization (OXO) is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to accelerate innovations by bringing cutting-edge deep learning technology into digital ink intelligence for M365 cloud services and edge devices. This team has been creating industry leading ink recognition technologies and experiences for handwritten-text recognition in 67+ languages, ink document analysis, geometrical shape recognition, ink indexation and search, diagraming recognitions, etc. Partnering with the rest of M365 organization, the team has been enabling innovations in intelligent ink experiences in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Whiteboard, OneNote, as well as on Surface and Windows devices.
As a member of the team you will have the unique opportunity to work with the broader system to integrate deep learning technology and drive the future of natural user interaction experiences. The ideal candidate for this role has strong customer passion, bias for action, and deep engineering experience in architecting and delivering scalable machine learning system for the cloud and edge devices.
- Understand business requirements and map them to technical requirements
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Perform run-time and memory optimization for on-device and cloud solutions
- Closely collaborate with partner teams, product managers and designers.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and architects
- BS. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience working with at least one of the following ML frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, or CNTK
- Demonstrated proficiency in one of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, or C#
- 5+ years of experience delivering machine learning applications
- 10+ years of experience designing, coding and shipping robust, maintainable software
- Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, coding, and testing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in person and in the written form
- Fluency in deep learning, document analysis, or Handwriting Recognition
- Experience in linguistics, language specific features or writing systems
- Experience building and supporting reliable, scalable and secure services using cloud-based technologies and industry patterns / best practices
- Demonstrated success working across organizational or company boundaries
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn, share and collaborate to improve yourself, and your teammates
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, adapt and prioritize in fast paced environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.