|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director of Finance Manufacturing, Sourcing and Tools (Devices)
Come be a part of Microsoft Devices! The Devices Finance Team is looking for an experienced senior leader to lead the Devices Manufacturing and Sourcing Finance Team and provide impactful leadership to both the broader Devices Finance team as well as the Devices business itself.
We are looking for someone with a unique skill-set: Relevant experience in the electronics industry, strong financial expertise, outstanding leadership, and influence skills to drive superior financial results in close alignment with our business partners.
Our business partners in the Devices team are responsible for the Microsoft Hardware businesses including Xbox, Surface, HoloLens, Surface Hub, and PC accessories. The successful candidate will be a motivated team player and leader who can drive superior financial results while partnering closely with the Devices Manufacturing and Strategic Sourcing organizations; the team that is responsible for the bulk of Microsoft Devices’ multi-billion-dollar cost of goods (COGS) spend.
- Finance partner for the Corporate Vice President of Manufacturing and Sourcing.
- Leadership of a Finance team of in the US and China responsible for
- Hardware Manufacturing (outsourced)
- Sourcing of electronics (components and finished goods)
- Capital Asset management and
- Devices Finance Tools
- Partnership with the Devices Manufacturing and Sourcing team to achieve superior financial results throughout product lifecycles via:
- Collaboratively working to help identify and drive cost reduction opportunities.
- Financial guidance of long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Working closely with business and finance leaders to determine consistent metrics, measures, reporting and analysis and creating meaningful financial metrics to gauge the financial effectiveness of decisions and actions.
- Advising senior management on financial impact of various alternatives and recommend preferred course of action.
- Leadership of a team of approximately 20, including four direct reports.
- Oversee key parts of the financial planning/budgeting/forecasting and analysis processes; partnering with business and Finance management to provide value-added insight.
- Drive insightful financial analysis of business results, including monthly financial reviews with senior Manufacturing and Sourcing leadership.
- Providing leadership in the development of Devices Finance systems and tools.
- Working closely with other parts of the Devices Finance team to ensure a seamless flow of information and processes.
- Provide leadership within both Devices Finance and the overall Devices business.
- 15+ years related work experience.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing industry, including a deep understanding of the operations aspects of the business preferred. COGS expertise required.
- Demonstrated excellence at people management and team leadership.
- Strong ethics, integrity, and accountability attitude.
- Impact & Influence: Ability to collaborate and coordinate multiple stakeholders is critical. Must be able to effectively partner with and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to drive simplicity within a complex and matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills, able to simplify complicated material in executive-ready manner.
- Strong analytical skills including financial/business modeling and analysis, attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.