|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and dynamic team? Do you want to broaden and deepen your understanding of business drivers, challenges, risks, and opportunities? Are you passionate about business intelligence and the impact it can have within a large business? If so, this role may be right for you.
The Finance Data and Experiences team is responsible for engineering and operating end-to-end data and experiences platform at scale. This team enables thousands of Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering users (from senior executives to field leaders) to effectively monitor, analyze, and make data-driven decisions on their business.
We are looking for Principal IT-SDE Manager who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer. Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
A successful candidate will be comfortable architecting BI solutions using modern reporting platforms, partnering closely with Technical program managers, understanding customer’s business needs and scenarios, translate technical specifications into solutions, and deliver them successfully.
- Build a strong engineering group. Support recruiting efforts and ensure we are bringing top talents to the team.
- Actively work with peers, partners, and teams across the world to drive collaboration, planning, and technical direction.
- Help to define the technical direction of the team and drive the actual architecture/design/implementations with special emphasis on ensuring craftsmanship, quality, and performance through sound engineering processes.
- Instill quality and excellence into the team culture by leading design and implementation efforts, actively monitoring the results, and make necessary adjustments.
- Build, Support and Automate finance reporting and provide exploration capability for reporting users.
- Build a reporting solution based on modern reporting frameworks like PowerBI and help to build and manage a cross-company reporting catalogue.
- Support rhythm of business and business close processes. Coordinate preparation and delivery of financial reports and assist in reviews with senior business leaders
- Bring a learner mindset to quickly learn the financial reporting and how to deliver business impact through the reporting function
- Partner with internal FDnE teams and other finance partners to identify financial reporting needs to enable timely & accurate business decision support
- Partner with the technology & infrastructure team to drive the creation of accurate and visually compelling reports and dashboards to report key business metrics
- Present insights and learnings to key stakeholders / executives, drive actions and impact
- 3+ years of experience in processing and building visualizations using reporting tool such as Power BI
- 3+ years of experience managing an engineering team.
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing large volumes of data, extracting insights processing large data sets using SQL or SQL-like scripting language
- Experience in developing different types of visual reporting, including visual analytics, visualizations for interactive data exploration
- Knowledge and experience with GAAP reporting and FP&A are a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.