|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business.
At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The Gaming Data Services (GDS) team provides strategic, data, operational, reporting and analytics services in pursuit of this mission.
The Gaming Data Services team, part of the XPS Xbox organization, is looking for Data Scientists to grow the data analysis and modeling capabilities to enable the next generation of Gaming experiences across devices. The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about understanding customer journeys and using advanced analytics and experimentation to drive user growth and retention. Relevant industry experience in a consumer facing business is highly desirable.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and engineers to develop innovative models and customer insights to drive customer satisfaction and investments.
- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques on terabytes of user data to find key insights that optimizes adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Contribute to product experiments to test hypotheses that lead to better gaming experiences and engagement of users.
- Investigate new technologies, tools, and prototype the latest techniques and tools to evolve data capabilities of the organization.
- BS in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or a highly quantitative discipline with documented coursework in statistical modeling, machine learning, and advanced analytics
- 2+ years of real-world experience working with machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, reinforcement learning, anomaly detection and others in a consumer facing product
- Development experience in R/Python/SAS or similar programming language
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- MS or PhD with dissertation in a topic related to data science such as machine learning, linear models, deep learning, recommendation systems, etc.
- Additional relevant industry experience can be considered in place of graduate studies.
- Experience working with large data sets using SQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc., to derive actionable insights is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills to explain insights in an understandable way to non-experts, in both formal presentations and informal group conversations.
- Committed to contributing to an inclusive workplace that focuses on respect, integrity, and personal accountability.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.