|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Learning Programs Lead is responsible for developing in-business strategy for capability building for broad audiences (manager, employee) within a function and supporting its seamless implementation. It requires a professional to serve as thought leader in learning and development with broad and versatile program management, ability to translate strategy and business priorities into pragmatic initiatives around learning.
Note: A principle of the Learning Strategy is that learning and learning programs are business-owned and driven. HR’s role as a key partner and enabler is to influence strategic decision making and help drive implementation.
Use diagnostics and data to analyze capability gaps
- Highly influence interventions and reinforcements that support manager capability building objectives.
- Integrate and interpret existing audience health data (MS Poll, etc), partner with HRBI in identifying gaps/needs and presenting findings to senior leadership.
- Use diagnostics and data to analyze capability gaps for collective in-business manager audience and lead improvements.
- Provide recommendations on strategy and goals, outline action plans and influence adoption.
Establish and drive learning paths for broad scale audiences (manager, employee)
Partner with leader and HR leader in establishing manager/employee audience agenda for the business:
- Drive core & common, large solutions, capability building programs and experiences. Understand and drive required manager/employee learning path, offerings and experiences that comprise 80% of the manager/employee audience agenda.
- Curate appropriate in-business solutions where required (roughly 20% of audience agenda).
- Ensure program objectives are being met, highlight risks and dependencies, propose and implement mitigation plan.
- Highly influence interventions and reinforcements that support manager capability building.
- Fiscal year integrated learning plan for manager role, company-wide required learning and in-business solutions.
Build coherence for core and common solutions/principles and unique in-business initiatives
- Stitch story and value proposition for Microsoft Manager narrative.
- Ensure messaging framework, communications and readiness materials are in place to facilitate the effective communication of the changing role of manager and the company-wide value proposition and narrative.
- Partner with Chief of Staff, business manager and/or key communications partners in business to develop messaging framework.
- Translate business needs into an overall plan and RoB for the manager audience capability building.
- Proactive demand planning for core and common learning and readiness.
- Build and help maintain fiscal year audience learning experience calendar. Includes core & common manager training, technical training, other required learning solutions for manager.
- Setting/pacing of consumption goals for req’d learning to ensure programs goals are met.
Support audience plan implementation
Support leaders in activating and driving audience plan:
- Actively partner with HRC in application of scalable solutions/interventions.
- Monitor quality and consistency of core & common programs.
- Ensure implementation plan remains aligned with program objectives. Provide data and insights to ensure program objectives are being met, highlight risks.
- Partner with Chief of Staff, business manager and/or key communications partners.
Ensure alignment with talent and capability development plans
Connect with Talent and Development Director and overall HR leader to ensure coherence with overall talent and capability plans for the business/geo.
Inform the strategy for the Manager Reimagined portfolio
Partner with Manager Reimagined practice area lead to:
- Provide data and insights on emerging manager needs.
- Surface best practices and solutions that have the potential for scaling.
- Provide input on solution design. Participate in co-creation or other collaboration workshops.
- Partner in test or pilot of solutions with target audience.
Influence implementation plan for manager programs and initiatives
- Inform and provide input on implementation plan as needed.
Support embedding cultural attributes, including considering how the culture supports diversity and inclusion, and how managers demonstrate the Leadership Principles which help support our growth mindset and customer focused culture
- Ensure alignment of D&I principles and efforts in landing manager experience in the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership Consultation: The ability to partner, influence and engage with senior business leaders in service of executing business strategies.
- Influencing for Impact: The ability to communicate effectively and successfully persuade and influences others.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships.
- Organizational Capability: The ability to diagnose individual and organizational capability drivers and gaps that contribute to organizational performance and create strategies to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Change Leadership: The ability to lead others in implementing change. This includes knowledge of corporate processes, organizational structures, and operations necessary to influence change.
- Project Management: Knowledge of and the ability to carry out the process of planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a well-defined objective.
- 10+ years of experience in HR practices or program/project management OR 7+ years of experience in HR practices or program/project management and BS/BA degree in Human Resources Development, Learning Development or related field.
- 3+ years managing large-scale or complex project/programs.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Background and/or experience in adult learning, L&D methodology strongly preferred
- 5+ years managing large-scale or complex project/programs
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Background and/or experience in facilitation preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.