|Job Type:||Full Time|
Dynamics 365 Senior Design Researcher
The Dynamics 365 Sales (https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/sales/overview/) team is looking for a Senior Researcher to join our larger Design Research team– we are a diverse team of researchers that come from various research backgrounds that include academia and applied product design. We value collaboration and individuality in each other and are eager to share best practices and new trends with each other on a regular basis as we evolve our research practice.
Our team is proud to help millions of users use the cloud and all the services it enables. Our customers range from people with highly technical skills to front line workers using cloud enabled devices and services. As researchers, we are customer obsessed and advocate for them in the product design & development process.
You will build a deep understanding of users, competition and market, and conduct analyses in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’ll have experience conducting a variety of analyses in different situations, from exploratory analyses that generate hypotheses, to foundational studies that inspire new workstreams, to UX health metrics that you drive to shape the Dynamics products. You will uncover actionable insights for the existing product, as well as gaps, needs, and opportunities to guide future investments. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about your findings and working with the team to implement these insights. Your primary job as an advocate for our users is to help the product team understand what would make a user’s experiences natural, useful and delightful.
- Work closely with cross-functional product teams to develop a research strategy that includes generative and evaluative research studies, and ensure the right data is being collected to positively impact the product direction
- Conduct a mixture of qualitative and quantitative research activities to inform product design, including but not limited to: usability studies, heuristic evaluations, interviews, contextual inquiry, focus groups, surveys, user journey maps, benchmarks and personas
- Identify, evangelize, and pursue research opportunities that help your product team stay ahead of industry trends and customer needs
- Communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and visual (when appropriate) manner to key stakeholders on the product and design teams, and drive meaningful action based on those findings
- Create durable research insights that align with user-centered design principles and positively impact Microsoft's product portfolio
- A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- 5-8 years of experience conducting product design research
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of design research methodologies including, but not limited to: usability studies, field studies, in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, concept validation, user journey maps, benchmarks, scorecards, competitive reviews, and surveys
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze research data and present rich findings simply and clearly to influence product design and direction
- Strong leadership skills to deliver projects and customer insights within and across product teams, and to impact the product by driving these insights
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding the needs of users across a wide range of technical abilities
- Ability to apply business needs to research planning
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience with UI design best practices and agile software development
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.