|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Microsoft 365 Core
Microsoft 365 is the world’s leading productivity service, entrusted by hundreds of millions of users and customers worldwide, and Microsoft 365 Core is at the center of it. We are building foundational services in email, people, search, intelligence, and analytics services, as well as Microsoft’s 365’s infrastructure. We deliver these capabilities to Microsoft 365 end-users and customers directly through our own experiences and through our partner teams. We serve consumers and businesses. We also share our capabilities with third-party partners, who extend and make even richer the value we deliver to our users and customers.
Building and running services for all of Microsoft 365 is challenging, but it is fun, rewarding and offers countless ways to positively impact of the lives of many millions of people. It is also a huge responsibility -- the trust our users and customers place in us is bedrock.
- Architect, design and implement high quality, mission critical distributed cloud services using the latest tech in industry.
- Collaborate with engineers, scientists, program managers, designers, and leaders across teams to plan and deliver new features and improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and influence technical directions.
- Proactively seek for opportunities to improve quality, productivity, and predictability of projects.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews and live site investigations, provide and receive constructive feedback to improve overall quality of components.
- Mentor and develop others by sharing and learning.
- Have fun and learn new things.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience with Java, C++, C# or similar.
- 7+ years of experience designing and building large scale distributed systems which deal with huge amount of data, provide high quality data and predict possible events then prevent customer impact.
- Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code and to test & debug it
- Experience in building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like automated deployments with integrated quality gates and experience working with modern version control systems like Git
- Experience with multithreading and asynchronous processing
- Deep knowledge and experience with object oriented design
- Experience with databases (SQL or noSQL) a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and like Python or Scala is a plus
- Experience with multi-platform support is a plus (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux)
- Experience with data analysis and machine learning is a plus.
These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.