|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
The Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team is committed to driving Azure growth through our relentless pursuit of satisfied Azure customers, by leading world-class customer reliability engagements, engineering modern customer-first experiences for scale, and by our driving deep customer insights and empathy into engineering.
The ideal candidate for this role should have extensive experience working with the Intelligence Community and should be deeply familiar with the organizational makeup, core missions and strategies of mission systems, and government information technology environments. This position requires deep customer empathy and the ability to translate individual customer needs into requirements for broad platform experiences. The Principal PM Manager candidate that we are seeking should be an accomplished people manager who will use this opportunity to exemplify Microsoft’s core values and leadership principles. Candidates must have a blend of outstanding strategic, business, communications, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
Leadership: Lead a team responsible for identifying and resolving the most critical problems for our Azure Government customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration, and proven ability to influence across organizational and cross-cultural boundaries.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and Azure Global teams to grow the Azure Government business, to understand the U.S. government needs, and leverage that knowledge in preparation for future sovereign and air gapped clouds.
- Remove adoption blockers and ensure the smooth operations of running the day to day support delivery operations.
- Provide thought leadership on key Support delivery excellence initiatives including continuous improvement of the methodology, processes and tools that drive consistent delivery.
- Drive and effectively manage large strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
Cultural Transformation: Act as a cultural transformation leader by role modelling a learn-it-all culture and growth mindset, building and developing high-performing teams to deliver customer outcomes:
- Build a strong team ethos that embodies company and division values, cultivating a culture based in diversity, inclusion, growth mindset, and customer obsession.
- Coach for excellence by adopting and applying new habits, executing on weekly coaching rhythm with each team member and focused on driving customer outcomes and partner engagements.
Cross-business Collaboration: Partner with other Microsoft leadership teams to translate customer demand signals into release priorities and unblock future business growth.
- Ensure market-relevant infrastructure, security, and identity requirements are adequately addressed and built into Azure services.
- Identify and drive strategies for Azure and customer architecture, engineering and service integration that align to our customers’ mission outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s (preferred) degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Certification(s) in area of expertise (i.e. Azure, AWS, Networking, PgMP, PMP, etc.)
- 10+ years’ experience in product, project, or program management with large scale services, mission applications, or distributed systems
- 5+ years of CX Support Delivery or Product Management experience with cloud software
- 5+ years of People Management Experience - Experience with hiring, staffing, professional development coaching, and performance management
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client and partner relationships to meet current and future customer needs
- Proven experience building and developing diverse and inclusive teams across multiple regions
- Experience designing, developing, and shipping solutions on Azure or other cloud solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Track record of driving product feature improvements and innovation to improve the overall customer experience
- Design thinking and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.