|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind building the Microsoft cloud. Within CO+I, the DPXE (Datacenter Planning and eXecution Engineering team) is a responsible for architecting, designing and building the next generation of connected systems and tools using a microservices architecture to help manage and support critical functions such as Planning and Execution of complex data center projects in a real time manner. Our charter is to deliver against the NorthStar goal of building robust automation for these functions through well engineered systems and at the same time design and build the next gen, ML based, recommendation engine to enable cost and schedule modeling, supply planning, execution planning etc. while integrating with the bigger CO+I ecosystem. Our engineering charter is visible to multiple stakeholders across divisions.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative, high energy individual contributor to deliver automation capabilities that power the long-range execution planning efforts by build compelling experiences and drive workflow improvements and build solutions to assist in the delivery of large scale data centers through efficient management of cost and schedule.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Collaborate with and demonstrate features developed to stakeholders in an Agile environment.
- Build compelling user experiences working with other members of the team and external teams.
- Resolve system integration challenges.
- Share learnings and code assets developed with the CO+I Engineering team.
- B.S. in Computer Science, an Information systems background or extensive proven expertise in the software development field.
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to rapid production deployment in an agile environment.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to incorporate and understand the needs of our diverse customer base.
- Experience with unit testing, mocking, and dependency injection frameworks and SOLID design principles.
8+ years of software development of proven experience building compelling user experiences and/or building RestFUL API’s using .NET/Azure stack or equivalent. Software development experience in a couple of the following areas or equivalent:
- Background processing technologies and system integration using Cloud Services in Microsoft Azure (or equivalent)
- API development: we use .net core.
- Dev-ops processes and tools and technologies.
- Dynamics 365.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.