|Job Type:||Full Time|
Advertising is what makes the entire economic system viable today. Without advertising, manufacturers and service providers would have no way to reach their potential consumers and the world as we know it would not exist. Within advertising, digital media now surpasses all other forms of advertising, and within digital advertising, Search advertising is one of the largest, most effective, and most measurable channel. There are very few search advertising platforms that operate at this scale, so if you are up for the challenge come join us at Microsoft Ads.
We are at the heart of multi-billion-dollar Microsoft Ads business and are responsible for core algorithms and tools that drive the Marketplace. Ever wonder how a search query is matched with the right ad at the right time? How does the Pay-per-click auction run? How does bidding work? That’s us. This team is truly at the cutting edge of the AI/ML advances and deals with data at the scale that few companies on this planet do. We define, build, and drive several marquee automation products for advertisers (Automated bidding, and Responsive Search Ads to name a couple of popular ones) as well as highly sophisticated internal tools. We have big ambitions for Microsoft Ads, and this is an exciting time to join the ride.
As a Program Manager in this team, you would be in the driving seat of some of the highly advanced and visible products in the ad industry. Your responsibilities include:
- Diving deep into data to help inform product changes and new opportunities while closely partnering with ML and Data scientists.
- Understanding Marketplace and Advertiser needs by doing opportunity analysis in the problem domain.
Defining goals and metrics for a success solution by thinking
- deeply through the scenarios.
- Leveraging your great interpersonal skills to collaborate and execute across diverse teams.
- Working with marketing and sales for GTM efforts
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science or related Engineering focus (e.g. algorithms, ML, NLP etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working as a Program Manager, Product Manager, or a Data Scientist
- 1+ years of experience working with large scale data
- Data-driven: History of creative, analytical and critical thinking related to working with large scale data (experience in statistical analysis is a huge plus)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter, problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Collaborator: Ability to work effectively with a large number of partners and customers
- Hands-on: Ability to write scripts, do prototypes and analysis, familiarity with data visualization tools like powerBI is a big plus.
- Machine Learning: Ability to work closely with machine learning scientists, researchers and software engineers to build effective product solution
- User empathy: Ability to write simple, clear scenarios, problem statements, requirements and specifications based on customer needs, presentation skills are a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.