|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Developer Division at Microsoft is responsible for supporting many of the company's largest product and service groups. We are looking for engineers to work on Rust compilers and tools to support the usage of the Rust programming language.
In this role you'll work closely with product groups around Microsoft to gather requirements and develop tooling improvements for Rust. You'll join a newly formed team with a vision to support Rust at Microsoft while also collaborating and sharing those improvements with the broader Rust OSS community.
You'll be working along with some of the most talented engineers in Microsoft on important internal systems programming workloads.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Rust compiler front-ends, back-ends, analysis tools
- Work with a combination of open and closed source developer tools technologies, focused on delivering Rust compiler improvements to support internal product groups on Windows and Linux
- Represent Microsoft in the Rust OSS community
- Leverage your outstanding collaboration and communication skills to partner with internal teams on their direction, priorities, and guidance around Rust best practices
We're looking to build a team with a diverse set of skills among its members. Ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of the following:
- Prior experience working on developer tools for the Rust programming language
- Prior experience with compiler development (Rustc, GCC, Clang, LLVM, or other)
- Prior experience with code analysis tool development, static, dynamic, source, and/or binary level
- Prior experience with debuggers, profilers, or symbol format development
- Deep knowledge of operating systems and runtime concepts (memory management, threading, scheduling)
- Ability to demonstrate a growth mindset and flexibility to adapt to changing goals and priorities
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and debugging issues spanning the full HW/SW stack
- Strong customer focus and passion for shipping commercial software
3+ years programming experience collaborating on software development in a group setting (professional or OSS community)
3+ years programming in C, C++, Rust, or other systems programming languages
3+ years of experience working in the area of software compilers or developer tools
BS in Computer Science, EE, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.