|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working at Microsoft
We are part of a diverse and multi-cultural team of customer focused and results-driven influencers. With a growth mindset, curiosity, and collaboration at its core, Microsoft Consulting Services leverages the unique talents and skills of all individuals to drive success and deliver results.
This is your opportunity to work and learn with the foremost Microsoft Dynamics 365 experts on a variety of projects, technologies, and geographies. At Microsoft you will be provided with a range of opportunities for professional and personal development across all our technologies and business. As a member of the Microsoft's Business Applications Consulting Services, you will work on large transformational and complex customer projects across the US making a difference in millions of people's lives.
Microsoft Consulting Services' mission is to lead and serve Microsoft's customers and partners as they realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services. Microsoft Consulting Services and its partners bring the deepest expertise of Microsoft solutions—from enterprise planning to deployment and support—helping our customers innovate to strategic advantage in their respective industries.
Microsoft Consulting Services - Business Applications Team
Business Applications within Microsoft Consulting Services helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions, and the full portfolio of Microsoft products through accelerated implementation and adoption. The Microsoft Business Applications team is part of a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our customers and partners as they realize their full potential through software and services.
The Consultant Role
The Microsoft Consulting Services Consultant delivers technical solutions to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technologies. Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, the consultant leads customers in the delivery / implementation of high-quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies, services, and products in diverse client environments. The Consultant designs and develops integrated solutions understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure, and operation implications of the solution using Microsoft Sure Step methodology in complex customer environments.
- Demonstrate advanced analysis skills and experience in principles of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CE/CRM) and related technologies to provide detailed reliable options and scoping/estimates for solution implementations
- Drive client workshops to demonstrate product capabilities
- Analyze customer business requirements and design technical solutions to meet business goals and objectives including functional / non-functional requirements in alignment with architectural standards
- Disposition requirements to be addressed by out of the box features via standard configuration as well as customization including the proper customization technique
- Support the development of test scenarios / scripts and coordinate / drive client solution testing
- Develop appropriate requirements, design, testing and deployment quality documentation to support the solution delivery
- Provide subject matter expertise to customers including technologies and implementation methodologies to successfully implement CRM solutions
- Effectively work with team members including partners, customers, and leaders to proactively identify and mitigate / resolve risks and issues
- Consume and contribute best / recommended practices, lessons learned, and intellectual property (IP) to the global Microsoft community with a focus on continuous improvement
- Foster senior level client relationships and engage with senior level Microsoft and client stakeholders to drive solution success
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and executive presentation skills
- Knowledge of competing products / solutions and industry trends
- Previous track record delivering a full project life cycle CRM solution using industry standard implementation methodologies (Sure Step 365, Agile and Waterfall)
- Successfully demonstrated leadership in 5+ CRM projects for enterprise class customers
- Demonstrated success managing / delivering difficult conversations and driving effective solutions to business problems
- Functional/Technical skills including knowledge / mastery of these technologies in the context of CRM:
- Power Platform – PowerApps, Power BI, Microsoft Flow
- Azure Data Storage - Common Data Service, SQL, Cosmos, Blob
- Azure Services - Key Vault, Web Applications, Service Bus, Virtual Machines, Application Insights
- .NET areas / Web Applications, REST API
- SSIS and related data migration techniques and strategies
- DevOps - Azure DevOps, CI/CD, Unit/UI Testing
- The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience with CRM large scale enterprise implementations
- The successful candidate will have relevant analysis, design, develop, test, deploy, operate implementation experience in CRM based solutions including areas such as Case Management, Sales Productivity, Citizen Services, Field Services, Project Service Automation, Customer Care, and Contact Center
- Experience working in a Services organization in a consulting capacity is strongly preferred
- Experience working on multi-phase global implementations is preferred
- When Travel resumes: Travel is based on customer requirements, which are typically, over the duration of a work week, this is 3 nights in a hotel, 4 days on-site with the customer, and the 5th day working remotely from a home office
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.