|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft CO&I Renewable Energy Team is looking for a results-oriented individual to optimize our renewable energy portfolio and execute strategy to deliver 100% renewable energy to our global data center infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating with finance, management of ongoing portfolio spend at risk, and developing tooling to communicate financial status and renewable energy progress to management. We are seeking a candidate with corporate energy portfolio management experience, carbon accounting and wholesale energy market knowledge, and an analytical skill set that can be utilized to manage P&L for renewable projects.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Improve renewable energy procurement financial performance reporting
- Develop and execute strategies to improve carbon emissions tracking for markets
- Create and monitor operational metrics for renewable energy projects
- Work with the Risk team to develop power optimization models
- Collaborate within Microsoft to build broad strategies across teams, especially those working on energy and risk management (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Tax functions)
- Support build-out of platform to support and operationalize large-scale energy portfolio from data requirements to performance metrics to standardized reporting
- Support structuring and negotiations of power contracts in new and existing global regions
- 5+ years of experience in corporate renewable energy
- 1+ years of experience with renewable energy credit programs, carbon accounting, power forecasting, portfolio management, wholesale power market operations
- 1+ years of experiencewith contract and/or portfolio management
- 1+ years of experiencebuilding relationships and working with industry and internal stakeholders
- 1+ years of experiencedeveloping power models
- 1+ years of experience with PowerBI
- Master’s Degree (MBA/MS/MEng)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.