|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s bold vision of Azure Machine Learning (ML) is to democratize ML technology and make it available to every enterprise, developer and data scientist. The AML team in Bellevue plays a major role in making this platform possible. You will be joining the Model management and Inference team that manages lifecycle of a ML model and provides model deployment experience for Data Scientists and ML Engineers. As part of this, you will lead some important features like designing and implementing vNext of the inference control and data plane. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about designing and building a highly available platform to support model inference at scale while managing a great group of junior and senior engineers. You will also be expected to be the lead and architect for designing and implementing vNext of inference control and data plane.
- Engage directly with key partners to understand and implement the vNext for inference control and data plane which includes deployment of models to Azure Kubernetes Service as well as on-prem Kubernetes clusters.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven Engineering Lead.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues
- Drive thought leadership and enable the implementation of top class inference solutions
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience of people management
- Knowledge and experience in .NET, C# or equivalent programming languages
- Experience with desiging scalable services in Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Good communication, collaboration skills and a great team player
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.