About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Junior Project Manager with a scientific background. This role will report into the head of the Programme Management Office within PPI. Using their knowledge and experience the position will consolidate and manage the information we maintain on the programmes we manage and the strategies we develop for Emerging Business lines
The job can be based at our Cambridge (UK) site or our Boston (US) site; the job holder will work closely with other stakeholders in other global locations to deliver the programme to strict timelines.
- Responsible for the consolidation of programme information across the portfolio of activities we manage
- Drafts the monthly PPI PMO report
- Maintains the consolidated programme file to ensure a single source of programme information
- Develops and manages a mechanism for maintaining the strategic scorecards on programmes
- Works with the Head EBL and the Head of SDI on the establishment of a programme portfolio management framework; manages the necessary information to keep it up-to-date
- Works with the programme managers and finance to develop a resource management framework across programmes
- Identifies risks that are cutting across programmes and works with the team to brainstorm ways to address those risks
- Supports effective governance and decision making by consolidating all information required for the monthly Innovation Development Committee
- Maintains the SDI sharepoint site and manages the SDI action log to ensure both are accurate and up-to-date
- Identifies risks and issues that are cutting across programmes and works with the team to brainstorm ways to address those risks
- Takes on the project management responsibilities for small contained projects under the day-to-day direction of one of the more senior managers of the team
Our ideal candidate will have a some project management experience and experience of working within the life sciences industry. A formal project management qualification would be advantageous (such as Prince 2), it is not essential. You will have a strong understanding of the basic language used in the valuation and management of programmes
You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritising different aspects of the programme portfolio. You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.