|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is the identity company that stands for trust. The Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform that enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies.
Okta’s in-house Brand Design team is growing. This is a unique opportunity – we are building a world-class team of designers and refreshing Okta’s brand with the support of an agency. We are a highly collaborative team who value thoughtful, well-designed brand experiences for our customers.
To support our growing organization, we’re looking to add a seasoned Design Operations leader to partner with our Head of Brand Design. As the Director of Design Ops on the Brand Design team, you will be responsible to operationalize programs to help the team deliver world-class design at scale, efficiently. As a natural leader, you’ll anticipate challenges and opportunities to mitigate risk. You’ll apply your breadth of experience to model, prototype, and iterate on ways our team works. You will align cross-functional stakeholders and build trust across teams. You’ll be setting the foundation to build operations for the Brand Design team to support Okta’s growth and scale.
The role also requires strong strategic thinking that will allow for quick problem solving and prioritization in a fast-paced environment. The Brand Design team is responsible for projects that directly impact business goals and metrics. In this role, you will primarily work with the Marketing, Sales, Product Design and User Experience Research teams to define design programming at scale.
- Act as a bridge between the Brand Design team and the Marketing teams by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Identify team needs with regard to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Build and manage Brand Design Operations budget.
- Collaborate closely with Project Manager and Creative Director to define, document, and operationalize the process.
- Create and distribute weekly/bi-weekly operations summaries for leadership/executive staff, including design development statuses, roadmaps and schedules, and quarterly team updates. Regularly update and improve these communications and processes.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility and updates of current projects, resource use, team performance, and product/campaign health with current tracking tools (Asana, Confluence).
- Implement or drive changes to make sure designers are working at optimum efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal business partners throughout various departments.
- Evaluate and implement new tools with designers, researchers, and cross-functional partners to solve for our growing need to collaborate and plan.
- Define and keep up-to-date documentation of how the Brand Design team works, as well as how to work with all disciplines of the team.
- Build out processes and resources to support how we scale our vendor program, self-serve resources, outreach and legal compliance, and design and research education for okta employees.
- Interface with legal, security, and procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors and contractors, including by facilitating statements of work and negotiating business terms and budget.
- Build a team of best-in-class Project Managers and Coordinators.
- Contribute to a culture of excellence.
- 5-10 years of experience managing Design Operations at scale with in-house design teams.
- 4+ years experience managing direct reports.
- Has deep understanding of high-efficiency high-output design partnerships.
- Deep understanding of high-efficiency, high-output design partnerships.
- Expert understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes across Visual Design, UI/UX and Brand Design.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and uses them effectively to roll out large-scale programs.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
More about Okta
Community and culture are highly valued at Okta. There are many opportunities for employees to join our employee-run groups that promote and celebrate diversity in all forms. [email protected] educates and improves
gender diversity at Okta. [email protected] supports resources and social opportunities for the LGBTQ+ community at Okta. People of [email protected] promotes equity and inclusion through representation of all cultures, ethnicities and genders.
Additionally, employees can make an impact in our local community with Okta for Good. Our social impact program’s mission is to strengthen the connections between people, technology and community. We’ve taken the 1% Pledge to commit our time, product and equity to giving back.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.