|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Kansas City, Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) is the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer relationships. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. This role offers an opportunity to be front and center with our customers supporting them in their digital transformation, while accelerating your career by driving business impact. The CSAM is responsible for the overall growth, quality, and satisfaction of the customer’s services relationship.
- CUSTOMER - Creates strategic relationships with key stakeholders within our customer organizations, including the IT Directors, CTO, CIO, and Line of Business leaders, as well as technology professionals. The CSAM demonstrates a deep understanding of the market forces affecting our customers and offers insight into new ways Microsoft can provide greater value in helping our customers meet their business goals. The CSAM must be a change agent by articulating the case for change and helping our customers evolve their IT Maturity, drive productive use of Microsoft products, and enable IT to make the business better.
- BUSINESS -The CSAM is responsible for sustainable growth through routinely partnering with Services Sales and other Services personnel to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service. The CSAM is responsible for the profitability of our services through portfolio management including contract consumption, contribution margin, operational expense management, and revenue growth, all in a manner consistent with Microsoft’s legal, fiscal and personnel policies.
- LEADERSHIP - This role requires strong communication skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations. The CSAM must be able to lead teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources engaged in the delivery of complex solutions that result in a One Microsoft approach. The CSAM must display executive presence and confidence to manage executive relationships internally and with the customer to create business transformation.
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - Excellent skills in planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required.
- Fulfill Support contract obligations by driving quality planning and delivery of Support services to realize customer business outcomes and overall experience with Microsoft solutions.
- Partner with your customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs across cloud and on-premise workloads.
- Orchestration, customer sponsor management, and stakeholder communication of prioritized engagements and programs.
- Define outcomes to improve the health, performance, and business capabilities of the prioritized workloads to drive customer value realization.
- Track, escalate, and plan for the remediation of technical blockers and provide engineering feedback to further our product and solutions as appropriate.
- TECHNICAL - Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, and migrations preferred. Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred.
- Outstanding customer service, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Consistently practices strong organizational, project management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Contributes to team operational precision by active design of and participation in community initiatives.
- Experience in an enterprise support environment with a strong understanding of corporate account support needs and the support industry is preferred.
- 3+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management required.
- Prior work experience in a Program Manager or Engagement Manager position focused on Cloud and software/services solution
- 3+ experience in your roles managing customer success
- 2+ yeas of fundamental knowledge in one or more of the following: network and desktop operating systems, enterprise resource planning and information worker applications, database systems, messaging, management and operations, and/or network security. Products may include, but are not limited to: Windows Azure , Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.